Thursday, November 09, 2006

Excuse Me, Are My Brains Showing?

I feel like everything in my head just got scrambled up with a whisk, a mixer, no no, a blender. And, I may not regain control until I've been able to obtain 6-8 hours of mindless nothing--you know, like watching Family Guy, playing Mario & Luigi, or um sleeping.

Okay, let me explain. As you may recall, I had a Molecular Biology exam this morning (at 7:45 to be exact). I had studied for it previously, but nothing was sinking in. Actually, we even had new material added on Tuesday. Well, for the past two days, I've been avoiding everything Mol Bio, but last night I realized that I probably should at least take another look. So, I stayed up until, maybe 10 (that's the problem with studying in bed) looking over everything and redrawing all my diagrams. That's it. I came up with a few "analogies" for remembering details: Like, the binding sequence of initiator proteins in Class 2 genes (Dog, Bog, Frog, hE-HA). Okay that looks really silly when I type it here, but it made sense last night, and I actually remembered it for the test today, and that's what matters!

The amount (and details) of material we're expected to KNOW for this class is really unbelievable. And, if I had taken this as an undergrad (it's a split-level), I'm sure I would've had to repeat it. This test in particular would've done me in. So what's the difference between Celina the Undergrad, and Celina the Master's degree Candidate? Is it just the easier class schedule? Is it the increasingly brighter light at the end of the tunnel? Or am I just older, more motivated, and hell-bent on getting out of here? Whatever the case, I'm just glad that's over with. Now it's time to focus on the other things that I have to take care of. Yeah, like my 2 presentations, Homework assignement/project, and Thesis corrections for the library. No biggie.

Please, just look away while I pick up my scattered brains.

5 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

Make sure to tell us the where and when and how of your graduation plans. I want to try very hard to be there for it! Send invitations/announcements, whatever, too. :) I know you'll be here in two weeks and can tell us about it then, so we can make some plans. :)

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

It's amazing the amount of stuff you learn in school that you never really use. Like math? psh. I don't use it, the computer does it for me. What a waste of 4 years that was. Don't listen to me. I'm a bad influence.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Man, you are at that brain melting point. If it helps to hear it, though, I am jealous! :)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

Dog,bog,frog, he-ha sounds kind of catchy. Maybe you should write a song and start a new dance craze. :)

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Zombie: Graduation is Dec 8 at 7pm. I will send out invitations...eventually. That would be great if you could come, but I'm not really expecting anything special (i.e. out-of-town guests).

Mon: Yeah, lots of "useless" stuff, but I just consider it all to be in my "inventory." I have a little bit of knowledge about a lot of things. And, a lot of knowledge about a few things. I think that's the whole point of college.

JustRun: Yep, almost at my melting point. Jealous? I'll trade you college in Mississippi for running in Colorado ANY DAY!

Gary: If you knew what my "analogy" was for, you'd be yawning before the end of the first chorus! But, hey, I have TONS of them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home