Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mr. Guapo aka MoMo

So, I've mentioned this guy before, now I'd like to introduce you to El Guapo. One cool day in February 2002, R and I took a drive down to our local Humane Society.
We were not exactly intending to get a new pet (we already had a cat, and were living in a place that didn't allow pets), but we wanted to look at the kittens. There were some very cute little ones there, but R really didn't want another pet.
Well, I asked if we could just look at the dogs. There were mostly bigger dogs, and they looked so sad and hopeful that I wanted to take them all home. R was a little standoffish (he's really a cat person) but one little guy caught our eye. In the middle of all the chaos of barking, crying, howling dogs, this one little puppy sat quietly with his eyes locked on R. I said "I want to hold that one." Still he was very quiet, licking R's fingers, and practically melting in his arms.
The worker told us where he came from. A few weeks earlier, an older lady was driving down the highway behind this old beat-up truck when she saw two little balls of fur go flying out the passenger window. One "ball" landed on the grass, while the other "bounced off a Bud Light can in the ditch." She immediately pulled over and saved the puppies.
Yes, that's the story they told (pulling at my heartstrings). The "other" puppy was a cute black and white girl, while this "Bud" (as the H.S. workers were calling him) was white with brown and black spots. He even had this adorable "mole" on his cheek! Needless to say, less than an hour after we had arrived, we were leaving--with a new addition to our family!
Currently, Guapo is on vacation in New Mexico. He was staying at my gramma's house, but I guess he got to be too much for her, so now he's staying with his "cousins" at my mom's.

4 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

He is so cute!

I can't believe that you went to the shelter to look, I wouldn't be able to leave without an animal. I'm a sucker for an animal in need.

Is he going to be able to stay at your mom's house?

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Who could resist that adorable face? I can't believe you left with only one dog! lol!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

CCW: Yes, my parents & sisters will take care of him for me until May. When we go over there for my sister's graduation, we'll have to bring him back with us. Not that I mind, I just feel bad that he'll be locked up in the house all day while we're at school/work.

Mon: I know, wasn't he adorable?! He's still very cute. Especially after a bath--his hair is kind of curly & it sticks up everywhere!

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

:( me and pinta miss guapo you should bring him when you come so pinta can see her buddy soon again!!she's really lonely i try to spend a buncha time with her but she's still sad:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home