Thursday, November 10, 2005

What's on my mind?

So, I haven't been sleeping very well lately. I guess I have a lot on my mind. Of course, school is at the top of the list. I had an exam today and I have 2 projects due before Thanksgiving. Finals are 2 weeks after Thanksgiving. So, of course there's all that.

Y'all know that I'm hosting my first Thanksgiving Family Meal at my house, but I'm determined to not let that be a major stressor, I'm sure I can handle that.

R and I finally decided that we cannot make our trip to New Mexico this Christmas. We had planned to drive over there to visit my family for a week or so. But, school+ work+ personal issues -money - time = no trip. That's sad. I'm pretty close to my family (mom, dad, 23 y/o brother, 19 y/o sister, and 13 y/o sister) and I only get to see them for a few weeks out of the year (usually during summer break or winter holiday). At this point, I feel like my "little" sisters are growing up so fast, that by the time a year has passed, they are almost "brand new" people! How can I share my "sisterly wisdom" with these budding young ladies if I hardly ever see them?

Not going to New Mexico brings up my next concern. Meet Guapo. This is my "little boy." He is a nearly-4 y/o "mutt." Actually, we really think he is one of these (or google search Kromfohrlaender and look for pics). He is currently on vacation in New Mexico (he's staying at my grandma's house). See, the place we live does not allow for dogs to be kept outside (no fences, no runners) and Guapo is a very, very active puppy! So, we tried to keep him inside (that lasted a few months), but he got really bored and started chewing things up. Before, we didn't care so much, but now that we've done so much remodeling, we don't want him tearing up the good stuff. My gramma-in-law in Florida kept him from Jan to May. And he's been with gramma in NM since May. Well, apparently, he's been digging up her flowers (she's really into gardening) and barking too much (I think the squirrels, birds, neighbors, etc really bug him, because he didn't bark a lot when we used to keep him outside). So, she can't keep him any more. We were supposed to pick him up while we were there--then what? I was trying to convince R to let me bring him back home. Well, R is not very attached to the dog, so it doesn't matter to him, but this little guy is my little guy! He's well behaved, he minds, he's trained (housebroken, sit, down, wait, get in bed) and he's very lovable! I've already given the "go ahead" that if she finds someone who wants him, just let him go, but it really breaks my heart! We will NOT be living in this place forever and I really do want him to come with us when we move, but what can I do until then? Put him in boarding? It will be at least a year (maybe 1 &1/2) before we move...ahhh...I don't know. Okay, enough of that, I'm starting to get a little teary...
If I just had a few of these on hand. That would help with a few of my problems...We could go to NM AND we could board Guapo somewhere (or pay a friend to keep him for a little while).
I guess those are my big worries/concerns right now. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I do feel a little better.

4 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Sorry that you can't make the trip to NM.

As for your baby, I don't know what to say. Do you have any friends in Miss. that could keep him for a while. Or several who would be willing to alternate the time? I hope it works out for you and Guapo. He is so cute!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova 's valuable input...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. You're doggie is so cute :)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Thanks y'all. I posted an *update* today.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

I want to kiss Guapo!! Cutie poop! I have doggie fever! (not to be confused with..baby fever!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home