Monday, October 31, 2005

Semi-Mature Adults in Costume

My best-girl-friend, AA came up to visit this weekend. So, like last year, we attended the "Halloween on the Farm" haunted house. It was fun, even though we were in a large group and felt a little "rushed" through. It didn't seem quite as scary, either. Am I becoming jaded to scary stuff?

So, no, he didn't really wear this costume out in public, but I had to get a picture of him wearing it. And, yes, that is a Hershey's Kiss.
The Kiss is AA's costume, but I don't know if she would want her picture up here. So you're gonna have to settle for laughing at R. She's really cute and petite, so the Kiss is perfect for her!
She had more comments and compliments than R & I combined!


So here are our real costumes. Real original, right. Yeah, well last year it was very, very hot, so I tried the "Greek Goddess" (i.e. toga) thing. Yeah, that didn't work out very well. My safety pins kept popping off and by the end of the night I was practically naked. Not really, but I felt that way, and everyone was laughing at me!
I knew the only way I would get R to dress up (as anything besides "Hunting Guy") was if I gave him a cool toy to play with, hence the Bone-Mace. Anyways, I couldn't find a sickle (he's supposed to be the Grim Reaper), and the Mace was pretty cool. (Now, if only I could get him to stop chasing the cats with it!)
After the "Haunted Farm" we went to our first "Adults Only" Halloween Party. Note: The only reason it was "Adults Only" is because the hosts don't have children and probably didn't want to be "baby-sitting" all night. Costumes were "encouraged" and I had the best time people watching and trying to figure out some of the very original ideas. Ex-FEMA director, Mike Brown was there, complete with horse-judging credentials and folder of "red tape." We were also joined by one very big "ADHD child," complete with restraining harness (i.e. Kid Leash), chocolate face, and Exhausted Mom. I was also surprised to see an "older" couple wearing this costume! Yeah, really!
This party was hosted by professors from the University, and I found out that they have been hosting it for 18, yes eighteen, years! Assuming I will be invited again next year, I need to come up with a Better Costume. Any suggestions?

4 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

hey at least you came up with ideas! I spent a month and came up with nothing. Love the hershey kiss! love even more that he let you put him in your blog...he did let you...right? ha ha

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Did he LET me? Ummm...well, I'll tell him about it today (just like the wax lips picture)!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Leesa 's valuable input...

Wow, the parties sound great and the costumes are too :)
You're carved pumpkin is awesome!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

What a funny chocolate kiss! He looks aboslutely thrilled...

I think it is great that you dressed up. There are lots of great costumes on-line, so you could look for ideas there.

Sounds like a fun party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home