Friday, October 07, 2005

Jack 'o Lanterns and Scary Costumes

A few days ago, we bought "pie pumpkins" for $1 each, with the intention of carving them. Little did I know that "pie pumpkins" are younger and therefore much, much, much harder to cut! I had the little saws made just for jack 'o lanterns, but Man, I couldn't even cut with a big steak knife! After some debate and brainstorming, I decided to try something new (don't take my idea, I'm gonna patent it)...to use the Dremel.
And, it actually worked! Yeah, and the house smelled like baking pumpkin pies (then burning pumpkin pies)! R didn't want to "go through the trouble" of trying to figure out how to carve a face--so he drew it on (come on! how lame is that?!)! Well, I stuck with it & ended up with a really cool cat (back arched & eyes glowing)!

I Really need to get a digital camera.

Then, yesterday we bought the cutest pet costumes for the cats! (They were super-cheap at Hudsons). They are little "hats" that velcro under the cat's neck and their ears poke through. They also come with color-coordinated "anklets" (little elastic-cloth bands for all 4 legs).
Reina is a witch--green face, big nose, little hat, and pink yarn hair. Nabi is a she-devil--red face, big oogly eyes, and a long forked tail. Of course, the cats hated wearing them, but it was tons of fun for us! Ha! They don't look like these, but aren't these Adorable!

4 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

I have always wanted to dress up my cats, but figured they would go beserk. Those costumes are adorable, please tell us how it goes.

I am LMAO over you using a dremel for the pumpkin. That sounds like something we would do here. Glad it worked and you got the bonus of a baked pie smell for your house.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

I LOVE TO DRESS UP THE PETS!! They love it too, ha ha! My dog got an actual scarey muppet looking mask this year from Target!
I agree, drawing a face on the pumpkin is way lame...lol. Good idea though using the dremel!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

The cats aren't too keen on wearing "outfits" (we've tried before). But they look soooo cute! And, we have this little cordoroy jacket with "wool" lining--the little one (Nabi) has been wearing that! She sits so pretty with this little jacket! (Dang it! Really need to get a digital camera!!)

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Oh yeah, and about the Dremel--we went to Lowes yesterday & guess what I saw...Yes! A dremel just for carving! It came with a book of ideas and some "accessories" that would work best on pumpkins!! Ha! If I had know Lowes management would read my blog, I would've patented it first!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home