Friday, September 16, 2005

Why?

1.Why do diet cokes (pop, soda, carbonated beverages) taste so bad? I don't drink cokes that often anyways, but R decided that we should only buy diet (he drinks a LOT of cokes), so I am stuck with them. And, I really just don't like how they taste. I will bring one into work with me & sip on it ALL DAY! I guess that could be a good thing...since he drinks 6-8 cans/bottles a day.
2.Why does driving take so long? I'd really like to get down to Gulfport to visit mom & Amanda (& to see the hurricane damage--I admit it, I wanna "rubberneck" too)...but it takes 4 HOURS to get down there! Plus, we'd be driving in an uncomfortable truck w/o cruise control or A/C...It's just not much fun.
3.Why does R have to work on Saturdays? The poor guy never has a 2-day weekend to enjoy or get stuff done around the house. It kind of works out, though, b/c I can use Sat as MY day (for relaxing, housecleaning, etc). They gave a new guy at work Sat. off b/c "he is a newlywed & would like to spend time w/ his family." Uh, hello, R has been there for 3 years...he's a newlywed & I would like to spend time w/ him, too!
4.Why do these idiots in our neighborhood think it's "so cool" to zoom down the street on their bikes (motorcycles)? Of course, they can avoid the speed bumps by going between them. We have a lot of kids & pets in the neighborhood & it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt!
5.Why do I feel guilty for having an "easy" job? I have to use my brain (problem solve, study for tests, concentrate, etc) more than my body (physical labor), but I feel guilty for complaining about how tired I am at the end of the week (I also do 95% of the housework). R has a very physical job (moving, stocking, unloading, & delivering furniture), then comes home & works on things around the house (fixing trucks, renovations, yard work). I have worked HARD to get to graduate school (I have a 4.0 gpa), I keep a very clean house (most of the time), and I usually help him with the "things around the house." So, why do I feel guilty (when I sleep in an extra hour or 2, kick back to watch tv after work, don't want to cook dinner, etc)?

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Hey, I'll fight this to the death, desk job does not = easy. Using your brain is mentally exhausting! While physical labor you can sit and relax, when you are off work, good luck turning off your brain. ha ha! That guilt is a gift to us, like our periods. We should cherish it always.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Sadie Lou 's valuable input...

I hate the way diet soft drinks taste! Drinking them just makes me want a regular soda. Hey, why are they called "soft drinks"? Is it the bubbles that make them soft?

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

I dunno why "soft drinks." Here in the south everything is a "coke" (I get a kick out of people saying "pop").

 

Post a Comment

<< Home