Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Here comes the Bride, da da da dum...

Well, I should've posted this yesterday, and left Guapo for today, but anyways. This past Sunday was my One Year Anniversary! Really! So, now I'd like to tell you a little about my Dear Husband, R...
We probably first met during band camp, the summer of 1996. He was a 9th grade prop-tech and I was a 10th grade guard girl. At our high school, the 9th grade is it's own thing (completely separate from the high school), so he was just there to help out with the props for our band show. Anyways, I don't particularly remember meeting him, we just later figured out that he was there. When he got to 10th grade he was dating this other girl (whom everyone thought was crazy). He played sax in the band, and I was a guard girl, so we knew of each other. During winterguard season of my senior year (his junior) we flirted a little, but didn't date. Then, one trip...the longest one of the season (Jacksonville, FL)...the one where we actually had a chartered bus...I only had one thought on my mind: I'm a senior, and I want my OWN seat! Well, the guys were last to load, and lo and behold, he didn't have a seat. So, being the nice girl that I am, I let him sit with me. I pestered him the whole ride, too. We talked about cars, music, movies, band, plans for the future...for the entire 10-hour ride! I guess it's like they say...and the rest is history. A few weeks later, we had our first kiss on another bus ride--just as we were going through the Mobile Tunnel. Our first date soon followed, we went to see Forces of Nature (yeah, I know, a movie about a wedding). We went to many more movies, dinner dates, goofy golf (although Fun Time is no longer there), walks on the beach, etc, etc. Sadly, he didn't go to my Senior Prom with me, but we did go bowling afterwards. The following August, I left for Mississippi State (4 hours away).
Somehow we managed to stay together (mostly) and the following August, he joined me at State. Years past, then, in December 2003, he finally popped the question. There was no big fanfare as I had always (jokingly) suggested. Instead, he fixed a quiet dinner at home, got down on one knee, described his love for me, and gave me the ring. And, being the everthoughtful man that he is, he had already talked to my parents! So, after five and a half years of dating, we were married at the beautiful Chapel of Memories.

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

OMG! Another band person! Ah..the bus rides! The kissing! The changing clothes in front of each other! The singing! The togetherness! Band rocked! I miss it! I was in the guard first, theeeen played the trumpet in high school! People love to say we were geeks, but we had the most fun if ya ask me!!!!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Band bus rides, that brings back memories...

Happy anniversary! I hope you all had a wonderful day.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Hey! Y'all were "band nerds" too?! How fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home