Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Girls

So, I've talked a lot about these Special Little Ones. Now I present to you...my furkids (that term is credited to Mon)...La Reina and Nabi...


Yes, Reina is that BIG. Last time we weighed her, she was just at 20 pounds.
Reina is a 4.5 year old domestic long hair cat. We adopted her from an old cat lady in a neighboring town. She can be very sweet and loving (when she wants something) but is usually moody and standoffish.



I retook this picture like 10 times, and this is the best I could do. She's just not very posable. Yes, her tongue is sticking out (it was like that in half of the pictures, while the other half didn't have her face at all). And, yes, she is wearing a "dress." It's like a little knitted evening gown with feathers around the neck--very in this fall.


And here's my little angel, Nabi, relaxing on my lap. She's wearing her Team Jersey and looking absolutely adorable. She always wants to be in my lap when I'm watching TV. She just hops right up, stretches out, and falls sound asleep. Obviously, she's not camera shy!

Here she is posing in her winter coat. She's so small (7 pounds at last weigh in) that I'm always worried she's going to freeze on cold nights.

Nabi is a 3 year old domestic short hair cat. She was the runt of the litter, and was the only one to survive. I think it was due to her cat-mom being very, very young. Her cat-mom was a feral cat who chose my MIL to take care of her (but hated me). When we realized that Reina had more mothering instincts for this kitten than her own mother, we had to have her!

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Mama Duck 's valuable input...

Very stylish indeed!

I love the quote on your Profile! One of my all-time favorite movies, now excuse me while I r-u-n-n-o-f-t to check the next blog! ;)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Sweet! I am showing my furkids that other cats actually enjoy being dressed up. (what they dont know wont hurt them) Cute babies! I wanna pinch their cheeks! LOL!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Mama Duck: Yay, a new reader! Sometimes I think I want to change my quotes, poems, etc, but then I think I really like the ones I have, so I'll just keep 'em "a little longer." I'm glad you like it! And, I'm glad you found your way here!
Mon: I wanted to put pics of them in their costumes, but it's so hard to get Reina to pose (i.e. sit still), and Nabi's is really big on her, so she just flips it right off her head. We LOVE dressing them up--it's soooo cute (and entertaining)!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Well, we know I love cats, so I could go on and on about these pictures.

They are beautiful!

I have one cat that I only have pictures like the one of Reina with her tongue sticking out. Some cats just won't cooperate.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Leesa 's valuable input...

Those are too cute! Mine would never stand for clothes, I barely got bunny ears on one of them :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home