Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Perfect day to stay in bed...

The sky is gray and overcast, the wind is howling, and the rain is flooding the ditches. What a perfect day to stay in bed. When I wake up in the morning, I always need a little time to adjust to being awake (usually 30-45 minutes). And, on days when the sky is dark and the rain is tink, tink, tink-ing on the roof, all I want to do is stay under the covers, in my warm cotton cocoon. I think see, the sun isn't out yet. It's not time to get up. But, the cats know I am awake, so they start to cry, meoooommm!! (Sounds like they're calling for mom). Then Birdy knows I'm awake, so he starts tweeeet, skeewt, eet-eet (louder, and louder). Husband walks in "Oh, are you up? What are we having for breakfast?" "Yeah, yeah, I'll get up in a minute!" Cover my head with the blankets, cats jump on the bed, sniffing at my face, the little one licks my big toe.
Why won't you let me sleep? I remember, now, I was having a really good dream *YAWN* about an old friend... grins yeah, an old friend.... "Ok, I'm up."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home