Thursday, June 30, 2005

Sure is HOT!

How is it that at 10:00am the current temperature is 88F, the humidity is 65%, winds are NNW at 3mph, and the "Real Feel" high is 109F!!! Now, I know some other areas of the country (and world) are much hotter, but DANG! It is SOOO humid here! And, there is no relief from the heat! Even in the wee hours of the morning/night it's still really hot out.
Now, let's look at the place I'm planning to move to: Livingston, Montana....temperature 60F, 64% humidity (doesn't matter because they don't have a "Real Feel" heat index), and clear skies!
Hmmm....where would YOU rather be?
Let's talk about rain, too. In Montana, it rains, it pours, then it gets nice and cool...AAAHHH!
In Mississippi, it rains, it pours, it sizzles on the sidewalks, streets, cars, etc....then instead of just being HOT, it feels like a SAUNA!! Maybe you like that kind of thing, but personally, if I want to go to a sauna, I'll find one!
My view on the whole thing is this: I would ALWAYS rather be cold than hot. Cold is cold, but if you're prepared, you can have alternate heat sources, blankets, a loved one to cuddle with, a roaring fire, etc, etc. But, if it is HOT (and, say the A/C is broke) there is not a single thing you can do! Even if you were to strip down naked, stand in the shade, and catch a small breeze--you would still be HOT! Jump in the pool? That water is probably hot, too.
Besides, winter clothes make everyone look better (i.e. layers, hats, gloves, big jackets, etc)!
I guess that's a good gripe about the weather. Ha! I guess I had nothing better to talk about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home