Friday, August 19, 2005

A few of my favorite things

I'm at a loss for an interesting (in my opinon) post, and I've seen others do this sort of thing on their blogs, so enjoy:
A Few of My Favorite Things
1. Richard. My husband. He understands me. He knows how and when to push my buttons. I want to share every mundane moment of my day with him. Even when I'm mad at him, he can make me laugh.
2. Cats. They're not needy like dogs. They have unique and sometimes demanding personalities. Sometimes they want to be loving and sweet and sometimes they want you to leave them alone. I understand and respect that.
3. Sweet tea. This is the Ultimate, Number One Thing that I will miss the most when I move out of the South. Going into a restaurant (American, Mexican, Italian, Chinese, fast food) and having the Perfect Sweet Tea with my meal.
4. Letters. I love to get letters and I love to send letters. They are so personal. And, it's not just the words that you write; it's also the paper/card/stationary you use, your handwriting, color of ink/pencil/crayon, and all the little things/doodles/stickers you add on.
5. My Truck. Sure, it's a 1988 Toyota Pickup without air conditioning, cruise control, power windows or locks, comfortable seats, clean carpet, perfect paint, or a powerful motor, but it's my baby! I've had close calls (stuck in the mud, ran out gas, overheated, flat tires), but my baby has Never Let Me Down. One day I'll have a nice new car, and you can bet my Toyota will be parked right next to it.
6. Winter. Keep in mind, I live in Mississippi. So, I'm not talking about -50F or something. I just like cooler weather. The 60s are good, but the 30s-50s are the best. I love snowflakes in my hair, building snowmen, bundling up in marshmallow jackets, and cuddling in front of a fire.
7. Science. I was given a brain with infinite possibilities. I always want to know why, how, what. I want to contribute to the good of mankind.
8. Books. Of course I have my favorite authors, genres, etc, but overall, I will give anything a try. Dean Koontz is my ultimate favorite mainstream author, but I also like real literature. I really like Dr Suess, too (what's the book with all the toungue twisters? That's the Best!). If I am really into a book (like I get with my Koontz books), I can read a 500 page novel in 4 or 5 hours! I really get into them. You'll find me laughing and crying, I probably look a little crazy sometimes.
9. Brad Pitt. Ok, this one may be a little silly, but I really love this man! He's just, oh, Perfect. I love his movies, I love his hair, eyes, body, voice, just Everything Is Perfect. And, yes, my husband knows about this infatuation. I'm not crazy-obsessed or anything, I just think he is the most beautiful man on Earth (or the moon, or Mars, for that matter).
10. Mountains and Stargazing. I put these together because I like them for pretty much the same reasons. They make me step back, take a good look, and deeply appreciate the Amazing-ness of our World. How Great is God that he put these here, sometimes I feel, just for MY enjoyment. I feel so small and insignificant in the big picture, and at the same time I feel like they have been waiting all this time (hundreds of millions of years) for me to acknowledge them. Wow.

5 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Ok, 3 spam comments...I think I'll add the "random letters" to my comments, too.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Thank you! You are my first "non-family" (non spam) commentor! Yay! Cats vs dogs is all about personality. And I do respect the opposition (I also have a dog and he's great). Brad, on the other hand doesn't need defense. Just like all people, he has a right to his decisions and privacy (if the stories are true or not is a whole other thing). Besides, I've never even met the guy--I just think he is bee-you-tee-ful!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Great list! I'm with you on the cats. I have a dog too, but the unique personalities of my 4 cats and the ability to go on vacation without worrying about them leaves me always choosing cats over dogs.

I still have my 1994 Sentra that I bought as my first new car. It is starting to really show its age, but I am attached to it. Even though I rarely drive it, I can't let it go, yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home