Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Might as well face it, I'm addicted...

...to blogging. Yeah, great, just what I need. Y'know, another distraction from all the things I SHOULD be doing. Another excuse to put things off "til later." Of course, this summer I haven't been extremely busy...just kinda busy. I have things that only take like 30 minutes to prep, then I have to wait 2-4 hours for them to "do their thing," then it takes me 10-15 minutes to see the results (or lack of). Actually, I would prefer to have stuff to do than just sitting here spending time! Well, the AGEM Summer Bridge Program is over this week (closing ceremony Friday), I am having my thesis committee meeting this afternoon, and school will start in 2 weeks (from tomorrow). Soon, soon I will have THINGS to do. And I sure can't wait!
Lately I find myself sitting in the office for extended periods of time...see, I do lab work first...then I know I will have to wait a few hours so I do paperwork...then I get tired of reading professional journal articles, writing notes from the articles, editing my thesis, etc. So I check my email, then I check my blog for comments, read my favorite blogs, leave comments (when I feel moved to do so), then I click "Next Blog." Read a little, read a lot if it's interesting, skip to "Next Blog" if it isn't. Then I will go back to my blog and add any that I found entertaining. Then I will think about what I can post. Google miscellaneous things, maybe look at facebook (that reminds me, I have to reply to a message I received yesterday), check my email (again), think to myself: "Celina, we need to do some more work." So I read a few more articles.... And that is my 8-hour workday (lately I have only been in here for about 4-6 hours each day). Right now my research is at a standstill (hopefully will have some fresh ideas from today's committee meeting, and tomorrow's meeting with my major professor).
And, to top it all off, I was up sick all last night and I'm really tired today!
So, today I am busy AND bored AND tired.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger jamboree 's valuable input...

do you know how much of this could be repeated in a blog about myself? i knew there were others but to see it in print really brought it home. my sentiments exactly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home