Monday, August 15, 2005

Where would I rather be?

OMG!! Our heat index right now is 109F and almost 60% humidity!!! So, while I probably should be at home helping with the shed...I would much rather be sitting here in my nice air conditioned office. But dang it, my tummy is grumbling & I need to go home to get something to eat...Alas, such a dilemma!
All weekend I have been painting and caulking...no fun stuff for me (sawing, nailing, etc). I don't know if it's because I'm a girl or because D is a control freak, but either way, it's not fair. I just keep telling myself that I am very grateful to him for doing this project for us. I know that I am completely capable of doing all of these things, and I would probably only have a hard time with carrying some of the big & heavy stuff (i.e. shingles) long distances or up ladders. I don't know? At least Richard hasn't been able to use the nail gun either! Ha ha! I think it's just the control thing. But isn't that weird, personally, I would recognize that someone was interested in learning/experiencing something new (using a nail gun, installing rafters, laying shingles) and share my knowledge/experience. Richard & I decided that he's one of those people who would rather just do everything himself to know that it's done the way that he wants--instead of taking time to teach someone else, and not know if he or she will do a good job.
So, Richard & I were left to painting. Saturday it was just me & D, and Sunday all 3 of us were out there working. Richard & I painted to our little heart's desires! For a total of 3 coats of Kilz on the exposed walls and 2 coats on the covered walls. He was even up on the roof until almost 9 last night painting the...umm...fascia. I decided that it would have been much easier to paint them when they were still on the ground, duh, instead of waiting until they were installed 12 feet above the ground (with only rafters to stand/balance on). But, I guess D doesn't think like me. Today D was planning to sheet the roof and start the roof felt and maybe shingles. I left the house at 9 this morning, so I'm really excited to see the progress! Mom has been asking lots of questions, so I'm going to have to post pictures later!
Let's see how much longer I can "keep busy" and not have to go home (and work in the HEAT)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home