Saturday, July 09, 2005

Beautiful campus

MSU is such a beautiful campus. I know that other campus's (campi?lol) are more historical, more architectural, etc, etc, but I really love this place. Right now I am accessing our wireless network in one of my favorite buildings--Perry Cafeteria. This building is still relatively young (built in the late 40s or early 50s), but was designed to resemble a large chapel. The history that I have heard is that it was build this way so that it would be a less obvious target in the case of an air raid/bombing. The food services are located in the center of the building, and coming off in opposite directions are sort-of "wings." The ceilings are high, dark wood paneled, and peak at about 35feet. Windows run the length of the building and are lined with the many different flags of various nations, and also the 50 state flags.
It's just a beautiful and peaceful place. Hmm, I should eat here more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home