Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Where's my Book??

I won a paperback book from my favorite author, Dean Koontz, on Ebay last week, but it hasn't arrived yet! A few weeks ago I was "double checking" to make sure I have ALL of his books (I really do, well, besides his children's books), and I found ONE that I didn't have, and have never read....so I looked where everyone looks for the things they don't have...Ebay! I bought it for $1.25 plus $1.50 shipping (still, it's only $2.75). Well, it's been a week since I won the bidding and my book isn't here!! I am very impatient when it comes to reading material!! I have to wait until the end of July for one of his books, and the end of November for another....AND I still haven't read the new one, Velocity! I LOVE these books, but I hate the idea of spending $10-$20 on a book that I will read in 1-2 days! Actually, it's not that bad, if you look at the cost-per-hour....hmmm....really, I mean think about it: Renting a movie is about $5, that lasts 1.5-3 hours. Going to a movie is about $8, that also lasts 1.5-3 hours. So, $10-$20 for 2 days of entertainment isn't bad! Now, I just have to explain that to my husband :)
I can't complain, though, because his entertainment is even less: $10-$30 for a computer or X-Box game = several days to months of entertainment!
I just hope my book gets here soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home