Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Maybe she wants a baby

My cat, that is. Man, I really need to put a picture of her so you can have the "full effect." Anyways, she's this 20+ pound, black & white, long-hair cat, and her name is La Reina ("The Queen," but we just call her Reina--or fattie). She has this thing with R's dirty socks (not mine, & not clean). You can always tell when she's doing it because she makes this unbelievable, miserable moan-cry, it's like "MMMWWWRRRAAAHHHH, MMWWRRAAHH!!" You're like "what the heck?" and look at her, she's carrying a sock (R's, dirty) in her mouth. Once she knows you're watching, she drops it and lays next to--or on top of--it. She'll stay by it for 5-15 minutes, then get up and forget it's even there. She does this at all hours of the day and night! And, when we're gone for the day, she still does it! I'll come home after work/school and find 4 or 5 or 6 socks scattered all over the house! I tell R that if he would just put his socks in the dirty hamper she'd stop, but you know how guys are! And, even on laundry day (after I thought I found all the dirty socks), she still manages to find at least one more (maybe under the bed--or maybe she has a hidden stash somewhere?)!!
Oh, yeah, when my MIL kept her during our vacation, Reina would do the same thing with her socks (again, only dirty).
Is this abnormal behavior? Is there something wrong with my cat? She was almost 6 months old when we got her, then had her "fixed" at 8 months--so she's never had kittens. Sometimes I think she might be sad because she never had babies? But, she hates other cats (besides my other one--her "sister"). Has anyone ever seen or heard of this happening with other cats? It's not a problem, just really, um, weird. (You should see the look on guest's faces when they first hear & see this!)

5 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

I think it is just a weird cat thing that cannot be explained. That is really funny.

I have had a cat that liked socks (dirty or clean), one that liked underwear, and one that slept with a stuffed monkey. So, if there is something wrong with your cat, let me know b/c mine are "wrong" too.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Modigliani 's valuable input...

cats are weird. I think that do that stuff to set themselves apart from dogs! It's a psychological game that she's playing on you! LOL!!! Don't forget, the people always think they are the "master" while all cats know that they're the REAL ones in charge! haha! :)

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

CCW: That's funny about the monkey, because my parents' cat has this stuffed monkey that he likes to "do it" (yeah, THAT) with! He carries it around the house, pounces on it, then "gets it on." I never would've belived it if I hadn't seen it myself!

MoDigli: Trust me, I KNOW my girls run the house! They get first pick of sleeping spots & I change MY habits (where to sit, how to arrange things, how to clean house) to accomodate THEM! When people come over to visit, I have to say "Please don't mind the ---, it's for the CATS."

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

My cat does that to my clean, or dirty bras. If I hang them on the doorknob (which I often do) he will hang from it and rub himself all over. I just like to think I smell pretty! He also drags socks around. The first time I thought he was dragging my rabbit! Phew!

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

There is a comic strip called MUTTS that has a cat that is in love with a "little pink sock" that he sings etc to. I think it is quite common for cats to like their owners things,it makes them feel at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home