Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm #1

Okay, so I googled myself yesterday and I Am Number One! Yay! Isn't that cool? Now I don't have to keep reminding my mom what "blogspot" I am. Yes, she actually asked me to send her the link again ("Mom, it's just http:// my name .blogspot.com") . Then I have to have the conversation about "What is a blog?" "It's like an online journal." "Oh, so, do you really want 'people' to read personal stuff like that?" That's an interesting question. See, I really intended to use it for my family members (they live all over the country) to keep in touch with what's going on in my life. Of course, I think it's cool that fellow-bloggers read and comment, too. But, above all that, it's something for ME. I like to talk, I like to share stories, I like to get input, validation, and tidbits from other people's lives. I haven't written in a diary in many, many years, so Allow Me My Blog.

4 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

blogging is slightly addictive! I have journaled since I could write, and I have boxes of my life. It is the best therapy, re-reading your life! And to have strangers interested in your life, is sort of like being a mini celebrity, in your own way. (well ok, thats how I feel!)

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

I have always kept a journal, but I rarely write iin it since I started keeping a regularly updated blog.

It is kind of weird to know that strangers are reading about my life, but it is nice to get a chance to "meet" people that you would probably never know in real life.

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

It isn't just strangers that read about you. Those of us that are really interested in what is happening to you can keep up with what is going on. Keep up the good work at class and home.
Love to both of you.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Mon: I decided to keep my diaries, but they only cover 6th-9th. I've gotten rid of most everything else. I agree with the "celebrity," too! I read y'all blogs almost every day & I'm always like "I wonder what so&so posted about?" (What a strange feeling, lol)

CCW: I stopped writing a journal in 9th grade--but then I started "documenting" everything on my calanders! And, I feel kinda like I know y'all (the blogs I read regularly)! I find myself telling R things that y'all said--like you're "real people" that I've talked to!

Grandma: I know you read, that's pretty much why I started--I knew you & momma (& some of my family) would enjoy hearing some of these stories (I know R doesn't tell y'all about some of them). Love you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home