Thursday, September 08, 2005

Fall is Coming Soon

Already I can feel the cooler temperatures. It's okay to leave the front door open and the A/C off. Nice breezes circulate from under our new shady deck and ruffle the cats' fur. The Bulldogs won their opener game (38-6). The truck is back together (oh, did I mention that Richard took it all apart 2 weeks ago?) and running pretty good. I've been crazy-busy for the past couple of weeks. Between cancelled school (due to hurricane weather), holiday weekends, getting into the rhythm (hey, that word doesn't have any vowels-weird, I never noticed before) of starting classes, not having a vehicle to get around town, random club meetings, and spending too much money on parts for my truck...I think next week will finally let me start a "routine."

I like to have a plan. You know, I want to know what the days' agenda is--before the day begins. Yesterday I thought we would be okay. Both vehicles were running, Richard would take mine and I would take his. He leaves, an hour later I get up, shower, dress, ready to leave--he has ALL of our keys. I can't drive. I call our friend (the one we can always rely on), but he's not answering. So, I walk. I get about 1.5 miles down the road (about 1/2 way to campus) when someone stops and offers me a ride. I was still 15 minutes late to class. After my classes, I walk 1 mile to work. Thanks, Richard. I really needed the exercise. Then I had a meeting at 5:30. This morning went better, and I had my first exam (Biochemistry, yuk). It wasn't bad, but the teacher is not...um...very good. It was all multiple choice, though, so I'm sure I did fine. Today I have another meeting at 5:15. Tomorrow will be okay. Saturday is my housecleaning (and laundry) day (Yay, fun *sarcastic*).

Sunday, oh Sunday--the possibilities are endless. Really, I hope we do one of two things: We need to finish painting our shed/deck/roof overhang so we can put down the deckboards. We also need to clean out our old shed and rented storage (these will be empty by the end of the month). It really all depends on how Richard is feeling, how late we sleep in, and how well we get along. (We tend to argue a lot on Sundays--our only "whole" day together.)

I'm crossing my fingers that next week will get "back on track" and I will be able to actually have a routine...I need order, organization, and plans.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Oh, I fondly remember when my life had structure and organization. Then I had kids... Enjoy it while yo can because once you and Richard decide to start a family it all seems to go out the window or at least it did for me.

The other positive about walking - you saved money on gas!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Me too! I am not the typical Sag in that respect...I like my freedom, but I also like having a plan. I don't like last minute changes. I fear change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home