Thursday, November 17, 2005

Finally, Finally, Fall Has Arrived

Okay, so I've been doing a lot of complaining about the weather, but come on, give me a break! Now I'm feeling much better! It's in the mid 40s and breezy, Just Right!! I finally found my music CD, so I have something to listen to. I've made a lot of progress on my various assignments. It's almost Friday. Thanksgiving is next week. I finally went grocery shopping. Our ancient gas furnace is running good. The Major Problem with my truck is fixed. Things are looking up! :)
Oh yeah, so my truck literally broke down yesterday. Hmmph, right in the middle of the highway! Just lost all clutch pressure. See, it's been leaking fluid for a while (a long, long while), but no real issues--we just knew we were going to have to fix it eventually. Well, "eventually" arrive yesterday with a greasy foot and flashing lights. Hubby & I were driving home from campus when It Happened. We managed to get it out of the road (last little bit of juice) and into Wendy's parking lot. Then, we had to walk almost 2 miles home to get the other truck (no, HE couldn't walk by himself). Towed my little truck home, drove down to O'Reilley's and got the part (we were very lucky that they even had it in stock). It took less than an hour to replace. Wow! See, R is my hero! And believe me, I KNOW how lucky I am to have him!! (My mom said I better watch what I say on here, or y'all are going to realize what a Great Guy I have and try to take him, but I trust you!)
The reason I mention the furnace is because it's 30 years old (same age as the house), and it's a Coleman gas-burning bohemath! We had it inspected before we moved in, and it's okay, but still. The latch on the little door doesn't really work, and the pilot light is HUGE, and we live in a very, very old trailer! At night, when all the lights are off, you can see the shadows and flickering of the pilot light and it makes weird noises. We had it on for a few hours a few weeks ago when it was "kinda cold," but last night was the first time that we left it on all night. So far, so good.
I'm still trying to decide when is the best time to do Thanksgiving Grocery Shopping. When do y'all go? See, our freezer isn't very big, so I don't think we'd have room for a turkey (or 2) and a ham and pies and everything else that needs to go in there. I think I'll go this weekend and get all the non-freezer stuff (that's most of it, anyways). Then Tues or Wed we can get the meats. Yeah, that might work.
Well, I'm making excellent progress on my various assignments, so I better keep up the pace. I really don't want to be working on this stuff during my Holiday! I guess since y'all didn't comment, that you don't know much about biochemistry or Nitrogen budgets for cattle, what about Farm Bills? Eh, just thought I'd ask.

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Ahhh it's so nice to have a guy who knows what he's doing!
I got my shopping done yesterday! I only got a 14lb turkey though. And everything else has to be 'made'. I did get 20 lbs of potatos. They were buy one get one free! Don't ask me what I'm going to do with 20lbs of potatos! I put a bag in the garage. I bet the mice will eat them.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

You may want to buy your turkey at least on Tues, it needs at least 24 or more hrs to thaw and you need to leave it in the fridge to thaw so it may take longer.
good luck on your first big family dinner. You at least have Dot to make you the stuffing. You should try and make your own with a little change from hers tho as your own. You don't want it to be the same cause R will always be saying its not like Mom's.
Love you all,
Grandma M

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Mon: 20 lbs of potatoes? baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato salad, french fries, hashbrowns, potatoes au gratin, potato stew, potato soup, umm...that's all I can think of. But, hey, you can't pass up the "BOGO" deal!! :)

Gramma: We'll probably get the turkey tonight, cuz I'm really excited! And, I have tried making the dressing for Christmas, and I already got the "not as good as Mom's" comment. It doesn't bother me, it just means that she'll ALWAY have to have Thanksgiving with us (to make the dressing)! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home