Monday, November 06, 2006

Bonfire on the Lake

A few weekends ago, R and I went to a Bonfire/Cookout at the Lake. It was hosted by my College, and included bar-be-cue by Mr. Charlie, a 6-foot tall bonfire, canoes, s'mores, and lots of candy.


Does anyone else have this strange fascination with fire? You couldn't get within 4 feet of this fire without feeling like being on the verge of spontaneous combustion, yet I still had the overwhelming urge to poke the logs with a stick!


I suppose sometimes a "leash" might be helpful when keeping up with kids, but when you only have one, and you're outside (no breakables, traffic, etc), is this necessary? Please, tell me if it is, because you know, I don't have children, and it might be entirely necessary. Nevermind the fact that it is a leash, what's more, is the funny thought I couldn't keep out of my head... "You ain't goin' nowhere, unless you get that Monkey Off your back" (it's an Aerosmith song).

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

I used to think those leashes were so ridiculous until I made the mistake of taking 4 year-old triplets to the mall. I wish I would have had a leash then, for sure. That said, I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable leashing my children.

Great bonfire, though!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

If I had a kid, it would be on a leash. Some people think it's horrible but then, that's why I shouldn't have them now, isn't it?

Those pictures make me wish it wasn't on the verge of snow here. *sigh* Fire is fun. It's fun to burn different things and see what color the fire will turn. Corn chips burn pretty good.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

When the twins are at their worst behavior (which really isn't all that bad but is very much like herding cats) I sometimes long for leashes. It can be hard to control them when they want to go in different directions. As long as they are in a safe place, though, I will not do a leash. If it's otherwise, I put them in a stroller or something, or I just don't go there.

But one baby on a leash is a sign of a distracted leash-holder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home