Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Time In A Bottle

Some moments in my life that I will never forget:
1. July 28, 1990. The day mom and dad got married. I was 9, wore a long sleeved lavender dress, and was the ring bearer. The ceremony was at the on-base chapel in Gulfport, MS.
2. July 19, 1992. The birth of my baby sister, Ruthie. 8lbs 6oz, 19in. She was born (near) Aberdeen, MD. I almost actually saw her being born, but there were minor complications, and mom and to have a c-section. (I did actually see about a 4 in diameter view of the top of her head.) She had lots and lots of hair, I need to find and scan some pics, cuz she was such a cutie!
3. March 16, 1997. The day I got a new brother and sister, Gary and Jeannie. I can't get too personal, except to say that their mom called dad and told him to "take your kids." I spent the night at my friends house and when dad came to pick me up (Jeannie was in the car) all I could think to say was: "So, do you miss your mom?" I know, that was terrible, but it didn't last long. Eventually they grew on me and now we get along like any other bro and sisters.
4. May 22, 1999. The day I graduated from high school. My 2 best friends and I had a huge party at the lake, and I also got my first (driving/speeding) ticket that weekend, go figure.
5. December 16, 2003. The day R proposed to me. I've shared this story before.
6. November 27, 2004. My Wedding Day. See above link.

7. December 10, 2004. The day I graduated from college. Okay, so what if it took me 5.5 years to finish my Bachelors? I also have a minor in spanish. And, all that extra time allowed me to take very interesting classes like Abnormal Psychology, Medical Ethics, World Literature, and Floral Design. (You caught me, I never really took Floral Design, although it is offered.)

8. May 9, 2005. The day R's dad passed away. We got the phone call from R's cousin who lives next door to where Big R was staying. Oh, and it was 2 am. After getting over the initial shock, R had to call his mom to inform her and his sister. We took a week off work to get his final arrangements together. It was a very long and taxing week.

9. February 2, 2006. The day my grampa passed away. Since December, we had all been waiting for the call. Grampa had gone downhill very fast (alzheimers + who knows what) and was in a home. I've also talked about this before.

Coming Soon:
10. December 8, 2006. The day I graduate from college, again.

3 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Wow you have an excellent memory. I can barely remember birthdays. I need to use a calendar.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

I hope to come to that graduation... surely we can make it!! :) Especially since I didn't manage to make it to the other days that are on this list which include my family members too. Now that we're so much closer....

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

I love this post. It's interesting to see what moments stick in people's memories.

Good luck with the rest of school!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home