Monday, September 18, 2006

Bulldog Bash

Last weekend, R and I attended the Bulldog Bash, held in the "cotton district" of downtown Starkville. This is a campus and city-wide event that is held every every fall. This year was the 7th year.
This hill is on our way walking to the activities, at the top of the hill (right) is a cemetary. Okay, so the story behind this hill is that last spring at another free activity (Down in the District), R had a little too much to drink and ended up yakking all over it!

Anyways, the Bulldog Bash included 3 stages with different bands (Christian rock, alternative, country) on each. You walk around this "city block" size area and listen to the bands:

Watch drunk people on the mechanical bull:

And try desperately to not get lost in the crowd!

Altogether, a good time. The headliner for the evening was Sister Hazel, and I was actually really excited to hear them. They didn't start until 11:00, though, and R made me leave at 10:50. Let's just say that the festivities had gotten to me, and I needed to get to bed...

4 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

I'm afraid I'll have to look up Sister Hazel. I'm too ollllllld. :) I think of "Sister Christian" from Night Ranger. Old. I said it already. :)

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Drunks on the mechanical bull. There is no greater entertainment!
Sister Hazel is a pretty good band. I've never seen them live though.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

A little too much of the "Spirits"? Not little ole Celina!

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous best online pharmacy in USA 's valuable input...

Much thanks to you for giving such significant data, and a debt of gratitude is for sharing this Business Promotion system.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home