Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Random Pictures

I hadn't noticed how smart these books made me look until R made a joke/comment about it. But, truth be known, the "Simple Fool's Guide to PCR" is a troubleshooting guide for my current research. I've been having issues with this specific procedure, and I was hoping this guide would help me figure out what I was doing wrong... Apparently not, as I had to have my major professor do the procedure to see if she can make it work. And, Exploring Genomes is a workbook for my class (that I have only started the first 2 exercises in).
This amazing house caught my eye the first time I saw it, and I sat ready and prepared, camera in hand, for when we drove past it again. Wow, just Wow! (Sorry it's not the best pic, R was flying!)
Oooh, can you read that sign? It's advertising a "Labor Day All Night Skate. 7pm to 6 am." YES! That's 7 o'clock at night to 6 o'clock the next morning! Could you imagine? I don't think I had that much energy even when I was 16!
Finally, in memory of Hurricane Katrina, our campus flags were lowered to half-mast. This is the big one in the middle of campus, and I waited 5 minutes (with impatient R rushing me) for the wind to blow Just Right so I could catch the Stars and Stripes looking very pretty.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Ohhh all night skates. Now that brings back memories! I went to one halloween when I was a youngin'. There was contests, and Freddy Kreuger was there.
I feel smarter just looking at your books!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home