Thursday, August 17, 2006

20 Years In The Making

Today was the First Day of my 20th (consecutive) year in school. And, it was also the First Day of my Last Semester at MSU. *tear* Wow, I hadn't even thought of it like that! In 115 days (that's including weekends, holidays, and days I don't have class), I will be FINISHED! I will be walking across the stage, and accepting my Master's Degree. I think this calls for a ticker. I just need to find one that is suited to the occassion!
This semester won't be my easiest--what with finishing this darned thesis, taking Molecular Biology at 8 AM, and Environmental Issues in Forest Products at LUNCH. But I also know it won't be my most difficult--only 2 classes and 1 lecture, classes only on Tues/Thurs, and no fear of failing (yes, I had several of those semesters) .
I'm already off to a good start, nevermind having to get up at the same time as R and fight over the bathroom and TV. I still seem to be one of the select few who knows about My Parking Lot, I made it to class early, the professor seems pretty cool, and I know about 90% of the people in the class. Oh, and I've heard that the Env't Issues class is really easy.
So, *cheers* to the New (and Last) School Year!

Little sis & I are having fun. It's interesting to sit around and point out hawt guys with her, and way more fun that I would've ever imagined. Tonight we're going to hang out on campus (some "start-the-school-year Pep Rally" sort of thing) and possibly drop by a "Block Party" party/concert (depending on how rowdy the crowd is). Tomorrow we're going to The Hunt Club, which is probably the coolest place to hang out around here. It's been about 2 years since I've been, but I'm sure we'll be able to amuse ourselves. Yes, it is a club, but they have TONS of pool tables, a decent menu, and ALL TYPES of jammin' music.
Plans are still on for Atlanta this weekend, and I'm still not sure about Saturday night. I'm kinda thinking we might do this thing. Apparently, I should mention some reference to "Cable Guy," although I don't really remember that part--something like: "Dust thou have a mug of ale for me and my mate? He has been pitched in battle for a fortnight. And has a kings thirst for the frosty brew thus thou have for thus." Oh, and: "There are no utensils in medieval times, thus, there are no utensils AT Medeival Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?" (Quotes curtesy of this site.) Now I wonder if it would really be cool to watch horses prance around while eating a whole chicken with my fingers? Only for $50 each!
Of course, if R had his way, we would just go here and here.

4 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Ohhhh the end is nearing! I can't believe youve been in school 20 years! My friend just finished her 11th year outside of high school and she's done. I dunno how you folks do it!
That hunt club looks fun! I love how only hot, beautiful people go there. (the ones pictured in the intro) Midevil times would be funnnnnnnn!!!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

The end is near, how excited you must be. I personally loved molecular, so if you need someone to fill in for you I'd be glad to help. :)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

I'm with you hubby on the Frye's thing. I love that place.

Have a good time in Hotlanta.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

How cool! It will be so easy now that you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home