Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Slacking Just a Little

Okay, so I haven't exactly been sticking to my workout plan. Yesterday I only did 50 crunches and I didn't do anything on Monday. But, I have to tell you, I'm still getting over whatever this "bug" is that has kept me up at night hacking up my lungs. Normally, I sleep ALL through the night (I don't even get up for the bathroom). But since I've been sick (almost 2 full weeks--the 1st week was sinus/congestion, now it's all down to coughing), I haven't gone a single night without getting up at least twice (sometimes as many as 5 times)! And, a Girl's gotta get her REST! Yesterday I finally ran out of cough syrup (which mostly works), so I was left chugging water and honey (that's right, sugar-coated teeth ALL NIGHT). Fortunately, during the day I don't cough nearly as much, but am instead left with a "lump in the throat" feeling. You know, like when you're really nervous about something. Sometimes it's so bad I feel like I can hardly breathe. You know, it actually feels like what I'd imagine asthma feels like. Can someone who has NEVER had asthma suddenly develop it as an adult? If this keeps up much longer, I might just have to face the "give-it-another-week" Doctor and DO SOMETHING about it! I can't go much longer with this highly interrupted "sleep."
Today is my "date" with the Statistician. Oh, boy. Of course I'm going in there with absolutely no clue as to what the heck I'm doing. Hopefully he's a nice guy and doesn't mind explaining complicated mathematics to me! *fingers crossed*
Tomorrow I will spend some time out "in the field" where my research samples are taken. I mention this only because I'm taking bets on what the temperature, humidity, and heat index are going to be while I'm OUT THERE. Oh, and my thesis is NOW up to 20 pages (don't laugh, that's progress for me)!
Friday I have the opportunity to attend 2 (yes TWO) Free Lunches! Sadly I can only attend one. I was excited about the first one, because it's in our new-ish Baseball "Whatever" Center. (REALLY, what is this place? Oh, wait I got it. It's an indoor--air conditioned/heated--practice field for BOTH baseball AND football. What a way to spend $3.8M.) And, well, I've never been in there. It's always fun to go in the new buildings on campus, so I have some idea of what they're for. The second lunch--the one I WILL attend--is an "end of summer thing" for our lab. That includes our 2 bosses, 3 grad students, and 4 student workers. Apparently we're going to this fancy-snazzy restaurant, The Abbey. They serve "international dishes" and I've been told that it's the only place in Starkville where you can get schnitzel (which I'll admit, I looked up). Although I sure hope they have a club sandwich, or some other seemingly edible option!
Finally, Saturday, I have to clean house. That's how I spend my Saturdays (without The Man around to get in my way). But this one will be EXTRA SPECIAL because I will be picking my little sister up from the airport (or is that: I will be picking UP my little sister from the airport?) at 1:30!
Okay, back to work for me! I'm trying real hard to finish this thesis so I can GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE in December!

3 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

I take sleeping pills cus of that crap! waking up a billion times makes you crazy! Tylenol PM is nice lol. I have a heavy duty prescription though.

Have fun with your sister! that'll be a lot of fun for you guys!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

I wouldn't feel bad about not exercising when you're sick. I've read a lot of research that shows your body doesn't respond well to exercise when it's already trying to fight something off. And, it can take even longer to get well. Sometimes taking care of yourself means rest, which I'm sure you know.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Go to the doctor already! Hacking like that is miserable.

Have fun with your sister!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home