Tuesday, July 25, 2006

If I Ran the Circus

This weekend R and I went to the "Greatest Show On Earth!" That's right, the circus was in town. We had coupons for discounted tickets, and with nothing better to do on a Saturday night, we enjoyed 2 hours of circus mayhem!
I guess since we're such a small town, and the Humphrey Coliseum isn't THAT big, it was only a "one-ring" circus. But, it was so funny to see this place (the same place we watch basketball games, and the stage that I graduate on) decked out for the CIRCUS!
Here are the tightrope walkers/riders. Both of the guys kept almost falling off, so it was really scary that they were responsible for holding that poor girl up! Oh, and they didn't have security harnesses/ropes, either.

The tumblers were okay. But, they had harnesses.

These contortionist guys were pretty cool. R said he got a charley horse just watching them! Can you imagine, how do people realize that they CAN do these kinds of things? "Hey, Ma! Look what I can do!"

The elephants and horses were probably my favorite. Probably just because it isn't everyday you see majestic white horses doing tricks in formation, or get within 20 feet of a REAl elephant.

This couple was my other favorite act. They were about 30 feet up and upside down. They did a little skit and even juggled! How can you even concentrate when all the blood is rushing to your head? And, it looked almost like magic because they'd pick up their feet like they were really walking!
Overall, the whole thing was fun (worth the admission). I have been to the circus before, but for some reason it used to seem so much BIGGER! (Probably because I was a kid?!) And, R said that the last time (he thinks) he went to a circus, he was too young to remember it.
Of course I had to buy him the $10 bag of cotton candy (with souveneir hat).

4 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

Everything is a lot bigger when you are a little guy. But you are never too old for the circus. It seems that you get a shot of youth from the smell of elephants or maybe its the cotton candy and the crazy hats!!!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

We have friends who used to work for Ringling, so we would get free tickets. Kid L loves the circus.

R looks great in his hat!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Here is My hated PETA moment I give to everyone......Circus's are no fun for the elephants.
Ok. Other than that, how the heck did those people juggle upside down? And I never understood tight rope walking. Who ever thought to do such a death defying act?

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

Nice hat.

The plant you asked about on my blog is called loropetalum. It has purple leaves part of the year and green leaves the rest of the year. It is one of my favorite bushes. It will get seven feet or more if it isn't pruned. It will take full sun but prefers some afternoon shade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home