Thursday, July 06, 2006

Life Is Good

For all the complaining that I do (and that I claim to be "Way Too Busy") I really do have a Good Life. My brain is a little fried to make much grammatical sense, so a list will have to do.
  1. I have a comfortable and reliable vehicle. After driving the Toyota yesterday (first time in probably 2 months) I realized how great it is to have a truck with comfy seats, solid brakes, and air conditioning. (Dear God, Thank You so much for giving us air conditioning! Amen.)
  2. I have a (*quality*) college education. I have struggled, stumbled, and somehow managed to get within one semester of achieving my Master's Degree. Excuse me a moment while I say: Yay ME! This is a great personal achievement and I know I am truly blessed to have the capacity (mentally and economically) to do this.
  3. I have fantastic family and friends. From my (mostly) fantastic husband, to my parents and siblings, to my in-laws, to my most-bestest-friend AJ, I have a support system to rival all others. And, I am grateful every day for each one of them.
  4. I feel compassion, empathy, and hope. I get "down in the dumps" sometimes, but I always get back up again. I try hard to see the glass as half full. I wholeheartedly accept that there is a glorious light at the end of the tunnel.
  5. And, I have faith that if I do right (by myself, my loved ones, and others) I will be rewarded (in every sense of the word). (Dear God, Thank You so much for making me me, for providing everything I need, and for giving me the faith to accept You.)

Really, these aren't in order (of importance, or otherwise), I just needed to put things into words the way that they came to me. I realize that I'm as thankful for the little things as I am for the big things, and that seems important. No lesson here, Just Me, needing to express.

4 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

It sounds like things are going really well in your life. Isn't that the best feeling?

Have a great weekend!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

Good for you. See the glass as half full. That's the only way to go. :)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

There's always so much to be thankful for when we take the time to remember to do it.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Sometimes you just need to be thankful for what you have. It puts life into perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home