Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Lettuce Alone

That's the name of our new bathroom walls: Lettuce Alone. Originally, I had thought we would just paint our new walls white (for simplicities' sake), but, after 2 coats of primer, we decided that we needed MORE than that. Off to Lowes to pick (argue over) the best paint color. These pics don't really do it justice, you'll just have to go to Lowes, dig through the Olympic brand greens, and look for Lettuce Alone, it's an awesome color! It's much more lemon-limey than either of these pics give it credit for.
This is our new vanity light strip. We used to have tons of those cool round bulbs, but finally got rid of them last summer when we figured that we'd never go back to one of these fixtures. That's another trip to WalMart for special bulbs. But, what you can see is how pretty the brushed nickel finish looks with our paint color. The tub/shower fixtures are the same finish, but we haven't completed the caulking, so I didn't take a pic of them. Eventually, our sink will sit under this light and have matching fixtures.
This is the best shot I could get of the tub (avocado green), new surround (white "tile" hardboard), wall paint (Lettuce Alone), and FLOOR (maple laminate), without showing a bunch of ugly stuff. We still have to put up the ceiling and floor trim (white) and finish caulking where the tub, walls, & floor meet.
The floor boards looked much browner in the box, but I guess the green paint really brought out the orangey-ness, and I like it! Oh, and we have a special sealer to put down (since laminate wood floors are not exactly ideal in a bathroom). It's absolutely hilarious to watch the cats peel out & skid across the floor!! I wonder how long it will take them to get used to the new slick floor?
On another note, I just got these pics from my aunt-in-law, and wanted to share (I hope she doesn't mind*). Now, aren't these just the most ADORABLE kids, EVER?!?! Seriously! They will be celebrating their first birthday in 2 weeks, so Happy Early Birthday, cousins!!












*Aunt K, if you don't want these posted, just let me know, and I'll take them off immediately.

5 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

WOW !!!! I just love the color ya'll chose for the bathroom it all looks great together..:-)Love the polished silver look too. That's what I have in areas of the house. It's cool to look back at the befores & afters of a project isn't it?. The children are absolutely, positively the cutest ever. Happy early birthday lil ones. :-)

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Wow, you've inspired me to paint the bathroom. I've been wanting to do this since I bought my house. I like that color.

P.S. Those kids are adorable!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

I really like that shade of green, with a silver fixture. It looks nice! I always liked the 'petina' type color and silver for a kitchen, but now I like this more limey color you have. Good job!

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

I don't mind at all; leave them up! They are the cutest babies ever. Those are, incidentally, two of my favorite pictures in that batch. :)

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Caryl 's valuable input...

Love the color and the fixtures. Be careful on that new SLICK floor in your wet feet -- your cats may think you're hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home