Sunday, May 07, 2006

How "Spoiled" Am I?

I saw this at somebody's site...and was curious what kinds of questions it would have. But, I figured that if I was going to take the time to read all of them, I could at least use it as a post. The Xs are my "yes" and the [] are my "no."
Do you have:
X your own cell phone
X a television in your bedroom
☐ an iPod
☐ a photo printer
☐ your own phone line
☐ TiVo or a generic digital video recorder
X high-speed internet access (i.e., not dialup)
☐ a surround sound system in bedroom
☐ DVD player in bedroom
☐ at least a hundred DVDs
X a childfree bathroom (no kids)
☑ your own in-house office
☐ a pool (I don't count the "neighborhood" pool)
☐ a guest house
☐ a game room
X a queen-size bed
☑ a stocked bar
☑ a working dishwasher
☐ an icemaker
X a working washer and dryer
☐ more than 20 pairs of shoes
☐ at least ten things from a designer store
☐ expensive sunglasses
☐ framed original art (not lithographs or prints) (Do completed puzzles count?)
[] Egyptian cotton sheets or towlels
X a multi-speed bike (it's rusty and can't be ridden right now)
☑ a gym membership (I'm not counting my "automatic" membership through tuition & fees)
☑ large exercise equipment at home
☐ your own set of golf clubs
☐ a pool table
☐ a tennis court
X local access to a lake, large pond, or the sea
☑ your own pair of skis
X enough camping gear for a weekend trip in an isolated area (how does this make me "spoiled?" Camping is for people who can't afford hotels!)
☐ a boat
☐ a jet ski
☐ a neighborhood committee membership
☐ a beach house or a vacation house/cabin
X wealthy family members
X two or more family cars (we have to get to work/school somehow, 2 trucks)
☐ a walk-in closet or pantry
X a yard (the empty space between us and the neighboring trailers)
X a hammock
☐ a personal trainer
X good credit (well, it's good enough for them to let my buy a car)
X expensive jewelry (My engagement ring and maybe my stud earrings)
☐ a designer bag that required being on a waiting list to get (I actually dislike carrying a purse!)
☑ at least $100 cash in your possession right now (I hardly ever carry cash)
☐ more than two credit cards bearing your name (not counting gas cards or debit cards) (I cancelled all but one a few years ago)
☑ a stock portfolio (I don't count the 401k investments through R's work)
☑ a passport
☐ a horse
☐ a trust fund (either for you or created by you)
X private medical insurance (does "private" include insurance provided through R's job?)
X a college degree (and no outstanding student loans) (what? my degree doesn't count if I have loans? Well, I'm counting it anyways)
Do you:
☐ shop for non-needed items for yourself (like clothes, jewelry, electronics) at least once a week ☐ do your regular grocery shopping at high-end or specialty stores (ha ha! not unless Walmart is "high end?")
☐ pay someone else to clean your house, do dishes, or launder your clothes (not counting dry-cleaning) (Oh, I WISH!)
X go on weekend mini-vacations (sometimes we just need to get away from school/work)
☐ send dinners back with every flaw (I don't send the food back unless it's really, really bad)
☐ wear perfume or cologne (not body spray) (not very often)
☐ regularly get your hair styled or nails done in a salon
☐ have a job but don't need the money OR
☐ stay at home with little financial sacrifice
☐ pay someone else to cook your meals (Again, I WISH!)
☐ pay someone else to watch your children or walk your dogs
☐ regularly pay someone else to drive you
☐ expect a gift after you fight with your partner
Are you:
☐ an only child
☐ married/partnered to a wealthy person
☐ baffled/surprised when you don't get your way
Have you:
☐ been on a cruise
X traveled out of the country (to Canada, once, for a day)
☑ met a celebrity
☐ been to the Caribbean
☑ been to Europe
☑ been to Hong Kong
X been to Hawaii (I lived there when I was a kid--mom was in the Marines)
X been to New York (july 2001, for 2 days, as a girl scout counselor/leader)
X eaten at the space needle in Seattle (I ate at a place below it. And, I went to the top.)
☐ been to the Mall of America
☐ been on the Eiffel tower in Paris
X been on the Statue of Liberty in New York
☐ moved more than three times because you wanted to (Moved many times, but never "just because.")
☑ dined with local political figures
X been to both the Atlantic coast and the Pacific coast
Did you:
☐ go to another country for your honeymoon (what honeymoon??)
☐ hire a professional photographer for your wedding or party
☐ take riding or swimming lessons as a child
☐ attend private school
☐ have a Sweet 16 birthday party thrown for you (I probably had a regular birthday party, but no "big" thing)

Okay, so I answered "yes" to 23. The rule is that if you answer "yes" to 40 or more, you are "spoiled" (whateever that means). Well, just give me a few years, several of these things are on my "To Do" list!

4 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Great. I'm spoiled.
What if we just call it working really hard and getting something in return?

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

I think WalMart is definately high-end. Low end is Goodwill.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

Going to the Mall of America is considered something exciting?

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Hey, I strive to meet these "spoiled" standards! And, that's exactly why I put spoiled in ""...because for me it IS all about hard work!

Maybe Kroger or SouthernMarkets is high-end? I think I'll start shopping at Kroger!

I dunno, I've never been :)
It sure sounds exciting: *deep booming voice* Welcome to THE Mall OF America

 

Post a Comment

<< Home