Tuesday, April 04, 2006

In Recovery

Another long weekend gone by. And here I am, it's nearly Wednesday, and I'm still trying to recover from the stress/drama/aches of the conference! For starters, carsickness is one of my biggest "weaknesses" and the 8 hour drive back was killer! At least we didn't have another blowout! Add that to the early-morning lectures each day, the steady 4-course meals, and the partying I did Saturday night, and you have the making for a Very.Long.Weekend!
Never thought this would happen: me complaining about Free Meals! But, after countless baskets of bread and glasses of water and tea, 3 salads, 3 entrees, 3 desserts, 1 buffet, 1 sack lunch, and 3 continental breakfasts, I am STUFFED! (Maybe that explains the upset stomach I've had since Sunday, too?)
But, you know, nothing makes you feel more comfortable in your own home (& bed) than spending several days out of it!

Pic descriptions:
1. Me "partying." (But, really, that's just punch in my glass. Note my shiny eyes and very red cheeks.)
2. The formal setting at nearly every lunch and dinner. But, boy, the salads were awesome! (And, no two were the same. Note: This must have been before our etiquette lunch where I learned that you do not leave the sugar packs on the table and my coffee cup should be turned down if I do not want coffee.)
3. Some of our group at the stand-up tables at our dinner under the arch. This was a buffet of ribs (YUM), pasta, hotdogs (HUH?), and nachos.
4. The biggest salad I've ever seen in My Life! This was at a restaurant in Missouri (on the way up) where the logo is "Home of the Throwed Rolls!" I got the ribs (Double YUM), but someone else got this salad. We ALL could've eaten off of it and been full! It must've weighed nearly 10 pounds (reallly)! And, all that in a Bowl made of Bread!!

The honey and I are going to see Ice Age 2 tonight...hopefully there aren't too many little kids and highschool kids down there!

4 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

I'll take that salad to go please. YUM! I agree, nothing like coming home after being away, everything is so comfy, and cat hair covered. Like it should be.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Great pictures! That salad looks delicious.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

Some day I hope to be able to try the barbecue in Kansas City. I hear that it is fabulous.

BTW, I wouldn't have to worry about knowing to turn my coffee cup down, because I always want coffee.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova 's valuable input...

I was in St. Louis for a conference about 7 or so years ago. I made it to the top of the Arch, too. FREAKY! I think the ride up/down is the worst part.

Mmmm... that salad is making me hungry!

WELCOME HOME :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home