Friday, March 31, 2006

Meet Me In St. Louis

So, we made it to St. Louis safely. Even a separated tire (yes, our tire practically blew out on the interstate in the middle-of-nowhere Missouri) couldn't hold us back! We're staying at this really nice hotel in the middle of downtown, and right across the street from the arch.
So, here we are (most of us) just before dinner tonight. Isn't that a nice picture?! After this crazy-boring speaker (dude took, like 45 minutes!), we walked across the street to:
The Gateway Arch! (I took this pic earlier this afternoon.) Isn't that just soooo purty?! Especially with the amazing, clear, blue sky!!
Once we got over there, we got plates of various foods (the ribs were awesome!) and sat around listening to live music (a guy playing some kick butt saxophone)!! I think that is one of the Greatest Pleasures of life: enjoying good food with live music!
After eating, we went on up to the Top of the Arch! See, here I am posing at the top (630 feet)! See that little window at the bottom corner of the sign?
This is the view from that window:
Wow! Just Wow! You can see Busch Stadium, where the Cardinals play. And see that lit up building (toward the bottom right), that's the Old Courthouse. Our hotel is on the corner of the block at the far right corner of this pic.
My presentation went well today (I'm so happy to be finished), and I got a LOT of great info on possible job opportunities. Now the rest of the weekend is all fun and games! Really, it just means that I don't have to impress anybody! I'm having a great time, and the people here with the MSU group are a really great group!
Well, it's getting late, and I'm getting very sleepy...so I'll call it a night.

4 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Did you have to walk up that 600 feet? or is there an elevator? I'm thinking, what a great work out!
The view is great, i think i'd be afraid though. bawk bawk.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

I think you were born to travel. Thanks for the tour. I always enjoy your pictures.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Mon: There's a "space capsule" looking elevator that takes you to the top. It had 5 seats, but we were crammed with just 4 people!

Gary: Glad you like the pics. And, I do LOVE traveling!! Just wish I had R there to "tour the town" with me!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Glad you had fun and that your presentation went well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home