Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What You Doin?

So, I'm back.
Sunday R and I took the "kids" (aka cats) to the Noxubee Refuge for a "day out" of the house. And I must say, it felt absolutely wonderful to get some sun and fresh air! The only thing missing from making it just perfect was Guapo! He's always so much fun to take out, because he loves to play in the water and he helps to keep the girls (cats) in line (from running off). Okay, let me explain. We don't really just let them run all willy-nilly! They have harnesses and leashes, and we extend the leashes and let them "roam." If they start wondering too far, all we have to do is be able to catch the end of the leash. (This also comes in handy if they climb a tree--yes, Nabi has done this before.)
Monday we got paid for our participation in a psychology experiment. No, we aren't that hard up for money, it's just our way of "contributing" to the field! Besides, all we had to do was play a computer game for 2 hours (and were paid $30 each)! That let us treat ourselves to a good breakfast!
Oh, and this week is my Spring Break, so we're still trying to decide if we can go somewhere (anywhere) for a few days. We were looking at Pensacola, but...with the way the truck is running (or not), we don't think it would be such a good idea to go so far! But, a few people recommended another place to me, and I'm going to call tomorrow to see if they will be open this week. It's called Dismals Canyon, Alabama. Seriously, check out the link (and beautiful pictures)!
Today I had a LOT of stuff to do around the lab ...blah...blah... nothing y'all want to hear about. Just know, I was REALLY busy! Then, this afternoon, we drove around to look at a few different cars around town (For Sale). Yes, we are in the market for a "new" vehicle. Any suggestions or recommendations? We really like Japanese vehicles (Toyota, Honda, Nissan). And are interested in a small SUV (4 Runner, Rav4, CRV) or mid-size car (Camry, Accord, Altima).
Oh, and not like we need it, but we found one of these for sale, too! We plan to own one some day, so why not now?
Well, it's getting late (yes, 10:00 is late), so Goodnight!

3 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Dismals canyon looks really pretty! While they are cute as can be, don't get an Alero. That is a snippit of advice from me to you! I'm thinking next time, I'm going foreign!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Glad you explained about the cats. I was starting to wonder how you had trained your kitties to stay close. My cats would freak if we put a leash or harness on them.

Was it a good game that you got paid to play?

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Mon: Thanks for the input. I've driven an alero before and wasn't extremely impressed.

CCW: We travel so much that having the cats used to wearing a harness & leash is VERY important!
The game is a 1st person shooter...not really my favorite...but R used to play it with his friends, so we both have played before. In fact, this was our 2nd time participating in a similar experiment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home