Thursday, March 09, 2006

A New Favorite

I'm sure I've heard this song on the radio. But, today this guy was on Oprah, and I was touched by how romantic and sentimental his music is. This song is simply named "You're Beautiful." Could you imagine a man so romantic as to arrange words that are this poetic, after seeing his ex-girlfriend with another guy??


My life is brilliant. My love is pure. I saw an angel. Of that I'm sure. She smiled at me on the subway. She was with another man. But I won't lose no sleep on that, 'cause I've got a plan. You're beautiful. You're beautiful. You're beautiful, it's true. I saw you face in a crowded place, and I don't know what to do, 'cause I'll never be with you. Yeah, she caught my eye, as we walked on by. She could see from my face that I was F***ing high, and I don't think that I'll see her again, but we shared a moment that will last till the end. You're beautiful. You're beautiful. You're beautiful, it's true. I saw you face in a crowded place, and I don't know what to do, 'cause I'll never be with you. You're beautiful. You're beautiful. You're beautiful, it's true. There must be an angel with a smile on her face, when she thought up that I should be with you. But it's time to face the truth, I will never be with you.
What else is new? Oh, I finally picked the guitar back up today. I tried teaching myself a while ago, but just didn't have time to spend on it. But, now R & I have a "friendly competition" going to see who can learn the lessons first! We're equally matched, though, because I have smaller fingers & longer nails (easier to pluck) and he has bigger, stronger fingers (easier to fret). If we could just put my right hand and his left together, we'd have the perfect setup to play!

Oh, and we also got in contact with two of his old friends from high school. Thanks to MySpace (no, I'm not converting from Blogger), we were able to search for people from our school, and there they were! Honestly, Blogger is much easier to use. (Besides, I am very much a creature of habit.) For about half a second, I did consider actually blogging on it, but decided, Nah, it's enough keeping up this blog. So, I guess y'all are stuck with me!

Today we had some "Severe Weather," which always makes R nervous. And, the weather never bothered me, until we moved into this place (OLD trailer). But, he makes me nervous! He even talked me into "evacuating" into the shed. I know, that sounds silly, but the lots on both sides of us are empty, and YOU wouldn't want to stay in this place if you heard how much the wind rattles it! Fortunately, the weather moved through pretty quick, and nothing bad happened, so I'm happy.

5 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

I've always liked that song.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

A great song!

I found some of my hs friends through MySpace, but I did not contact them. I was too busy being amazed that I found a bi-goth woman with a child, a very goth-rocker man, a bikini model, a minister, and a few seemingly "average" people. I just couldn't find the right words, "Hi, it's been a long time. Nice picture of your boobs" just doesn't sound like it would work.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Oh my goodness! I guess the people we found are still the same "normal" people they were back then...I don't know, though, I'd probably still contact the "not normal" people, too (just out of curiosity).

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

James blunts CD is pretty good! I thought that episode of Oprah was a hoot, inter-racial couples and the little things that come up, were funny. I reconnected with a couple old friends too! The internet is an amazing thing!

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

I'm learning to play the guitar and am always on the lookout for sites to help me. That link was great! I wanted to pass along a site I found that has a few basic videos showing how to play the guitar. I'm not sure if you're interested in how to videos, but I found these useful when I was just starting out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home