Friday, April 07, 2006

A week in the Life...

I'm greatly amused animals wearing clothes, so here is La Reina wearing her new t-shirt. It's pink with little wings and says "Lil' Cupid." Silly, I know, but it's tough to find clothes that fit for a full-figured gal!

This weekend is Mississippi State's Baseball/Spring celebration, Super Bulldog Weekend! On my way to a lunch meeting today I was "serenaded" by this bluegrass band playing in the middle of our drill field. They sounded pretty good, although I couldn't stay long to listen.
Besides, there were a LOT of people out there, and as you already know, I'm sort-of antisocial! Maybe the crowd had something to do with the Free Food? You know, I would've been all over that, had it not been catfish (yuk! I do NOT eat seafood--and YES catfish is seafood!). Anyways, I already had a "Free Lunch" for today!
Big News (at least for me): We got new cell phones! I hate spending money on things like phones (also: shoes, paper, pens, and books), but we were really overdue for phones that actually work (all the time). So, Tuesday night, we gave the fellas at RadioShack a run for their money. We did it, we actually BOUGHT our first cell phones (previous 3 phones were whatever came "free" with the plan/contract)! Of course, R is a Big Spender, and had.to.have the Slvr...Yeah, you know the one! I opted for the MUCH CHEAPER Rokr (hey, check out this link, they play a video & music for you!). Both have practically all the same features, but mine looks more "feminine" (in my opinion) and R's is more "cool" (in his opinion).
What do you think? I'm just tickled pink that it also replaces my mp3 player! (But, a little dissapointed that I have to use iTunes.) Generally, I don't like Apple stuff, but the soft pearly-white finish, matching earphones, and cutesy screen effects won me over!
And, I already have 82 (can fit 100) songs on it! That's almost twice as many as would fit on my old mp3 player!

5 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

I'm not all that fond of fried fish, but I have to be honest. My standards go WAY down when the food is free. Have a nice weekend. :)

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Oh my gosh, I love all those things!
Clothes on pets = check!
Fish = check!
Free things = check!
Music you can take anywhere = check!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Kitties in clothes, so cute! I wish my cats were more cooperative in thia way; they would make adorable Easter "bunnies".

Love your new phones. I, too, cannot bring myself to spend money on a new phone so I have a biggish-small Nokia that looks like I ran over it with my car.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

The cats are adorable! You know they love being divas!
Sheesh, you have a phone that plays mp3's and a phone that plays them. When I got a car that played CD's and I thought I was cool as hell! I'm soooo behind the technology!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

I'm sure the cats don't like it much, but they're So Darn Cute, that they have to just TAKE IT!
One of the greatest things about being in college (still): FREE FOOD! Anyone wanna come over this weekend: Free crawfish boil & bbq!
I never would've believe that I "needed" a cell phone, until I got one. Now, I don't know how I LIVED without one! I even used my headset thing today (it has a microphone attached to the earphones)!! I felt so "sophisticated" (although I probably looked nuts--talking to myself)!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home