Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just Call Me Busy

Okay, so this is not a "farewell" message, because I'm sure I'll still find very interesting things to blog about regularly, but rather, it is an early notification for the days I will NOT have the time to post. Once, when I was young, a therapist (I only went like 4 or 5 times) told me that "It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission." I guess that's why I used to get in "so much" trouble; I figured that I was already having fun and I could just worry about saying "sorry" later. Anyways, I'm not asking for permission, nor forgiveness, just letting y'all know that these next couple of weeks are going to be very busy. I have 2 papers, a small project, 2 exams, 3 homeworks, the beginnings of a thesis, labwork, 2 banquets, a recruitment interview, and 2 finals to get through...and that's all between now and the first week of May! (Just Letting You Know)
And, FYI, I have been working all day, I'm just taking a little break from reading so boring articles about water quality, bacterial source tracking, agricultural impact, yadda-yadda...
But, Eeeny-Ways (that's how my 13y/o sister says it)...
I've noticed lately that whether I'm driving around town, walking around campus or walmart, or just sitting in my office I notice things that I'd like to blog about. It used to be that I'd just do everyday stuff and struggle to make it interesting so I could blog about it. But, now everything seems appropriate for an amusing post!
Of course, all these very interesting things get lost in the whirlwind of my mind and I don't blog about them. So, would it be totally weird for me to take notes? Hmm, I might have to try that. (Like I don't have enough stuff to keep me busy!)
I was interested to read y'all's input on Miss TMI, too. I pretty much figured the same thing: She just needed to "vent."
So, who do I "vent" to? You!
Here goes: Last weekend R was leaving work early (headed to the coast to visit his family) when **skreek** he hit his BOSS's truck with the tailgate of (my) truck! He called tThe Boss and told him, and they decided to take care of it this week when R got back from the coast. Our insurance company says that it's covered in "liability" or whatever, and they needed to get an estimate to fix it. You'll never guess...$800!! The damage is about a 10 inch long dent in the BUMPER. Isn't that what the bumper is FOR? To take "bumps?" Well, The Boss drives a 2004 Suburban and the bumper is All.One.Piece. So, there's no such thing as replacing it (I guess). And let me just tell you, the estimate includes 8 hrs labor to "fix" (at $50/hr), 5 hrs to "paint" (at $40/hr), and 5 hrs for "paint supplies" (at $35/hr). What the heck?!?! 8 HOURS to hammer out a dent??? 5 hrs to paint, I guess I can understand (if they're painting the whole.dang.car). And, 5 hours to...what? Put paint in the sprayer? Then, to top it all off, The Boss is going out of town in a few weeks and wants his truck fixed ASAP, while our insurance people are twiddling their thumbs waiting for their "guy" to "approve" the repair (I guess how much they'll cover for the damage). So Bah-Humbug! Isn't this week going Just Beautifully!

4 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

Bless you're heart. You have a very full plate to deal with. Good luck and may you still be sane after you are finished . :-)

Unbelieveable how much repairs cost today isn't it?. Insurance Comapanies only rush when you are late with a payment sugar *giggles*. Good Luck on that too..

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Sorry if this double posts...

I take blog notes! I also have abotu 30 posts saved as drafts for when I have nothing to say. Some days I'm full of ideas, some days I have none. It's nice to have a back up. And if something good happens, I take notes to remember the funny points.

before you know it, it'll be May. Just don't forget to take some time out for yourself.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Post when you can, I'll still check in daily.

Sorry about the Suburban. $800? Wow!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

You do not have my permission to slow down your blogging. If you do however, you will have my forgiveness. I'm easy like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home