Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Already Wednesday

Okay, so we'll be leaving one week from tonight! And, how excited am I? Very. I still have several things to do, but I finally caught a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel, and am feeling much better. Hopefully by the start of next week I can stop being way too busy, and get back to being just me!
Speaking of tunnel, look at these most adorable kitties! My sister-in-law gave this to them after her cat showed very little interest in it. Isn't that just the cutest thing?! Yeah, they both play in it, even the big girl, and some nights the little one sleeps in it!
Last weekend we attended my department's annual cookout. The main thing is that they get loads and loads of crawfish. Of course, I don't eat seafood, and such that crawfish come from the water, YES, they are seafood, thus, I do NOT eat them. Anyways, there are big coolers of cooked crawfish and everyone stands around the paper-covered tables pinching tails and sucking heads. The crawfish are boiled with corn-on-the-cob and whole potatoes (I don't eat those, either). I know this is a southern thing, but what do y'all think? Do they look just yummy?
And, finally, an homage to a childhood summer tradition: The Sno-Cone. Here are our first of the summer. How convenient is it that they just put up a new stand right down the street (about 5 minute walk)!! But, they didn't have many flavors, so I was stuck with Sour Green Apple (my favorite is spearmint), and R chose his "usual" Banana. Do y'all still get sno-cones? What is/was your favorite flavor?

4 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Crawfish? Um, yeck! I use to catch them in my Aunt's "Crick" only we called them "crayfish". Their from the hills in PA. We didn't eat them though, we kept them as pets.
MMM Snow Cones. We don't have a stand around, we get them at fairs, and festivals. I like blue raspberry!! If I make my own, I use welches passion fruit concentrate! And rum! lol!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

The kitties are adorable. I love the tunnel.

We make our own sno-cones here. We just have the standard flavors, orange, cherry, grape, and blue raspberry. I had no idea spearmint was an option.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

I definitely get snow cones. I love it when they have the pina colada flavor. :-)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Mon: R & I say crawfish, but plenty of people around here also call them crayfish, crawdaddies, and mudbugs :) Now, if we're talking "alcoholic" sno-cones, my fav is margarita :)

CCW: The tunnel is cute, but it sounds like crinkled plastic bags (like from the grocery store), and it's not so "cute" when the cats are running laps through it in the middle of the night! Spearmint is great, besides the GREEN mouth it leaves you with!

JustRun: R likes pina colada, too. but he usually reserves that for when we go to Sonic, & he gets the "ocean water" drink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home