Friday, June 02, 2006

It's All About Him

So, I'm starting out my vacation review with pictures of R only. Since I was the official picture-taker for the first half of our trip, I was not in a lot of them. But, R is a good-looking guy (at least in my opinon), so you'll have to endure his absolute cuteness for this first set of pics.
The trip went really well, and we were able to see so many areas of the state (took my mil to all our "favorite" places). We even made it out to one place I had never been: Roswell. But, that's for later.
This was at the Jackalope store in Santa Fe. This is a "lounge chair" carved from a single piece of wood. Isn't that just awesome? Oh, and the price tag (in case you were interested in getting one): $2500. R!! Get out of that chair! (You better not break it!)

Okay, so I decided to put in one picture with me. But, this was just too cute to resist. This was on Canyon Road in Santa Fe. It's just a long narrow road lined with artist galleries and a few eateries. I'm sure the intention was not for us to sit on the artwork but this bear sculpture was just just made to be sat on!

Further down Canyon Road was this "sculpture." I know, I messed up the shadow thing, but I had to show you, because really WHO would put this in their house/yard?
This was a funny little character that I was able to convince R to mimic. But, PLEASE, don't tell him that I put this pic up here! And trust me, there is no resemblance between the two!
We finally took one of those "Old West" pictures at this museum we like to go to in Madrid, NM. But, I'm not going to put up the picture with me & mil in it, you'll just have to be content with my adorable little soldier!
"Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton! Old times there are not forgotten! Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!"

4 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Cute. I love that Santa Fe artwork, whacky as some of it may be.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

Fantastic pics :-). Can't wait to read more about ya'll's great trip.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

I don't have gardenia but I have confederate jasmine by my back gate and I love it.

Thanks for the photos. You know how much I love it when you havepictures on your blog.

Good luck to your sis. It sounds like you have been a wonderful influence on her. You should be proud of yourself.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

love the sculptures! Those are great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home