Saturday, June 03, 2006

Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Well, I've already tried this post once and the internet decided that it didn't like what I had to say. So, I'm trying again...
Before I get back to pics from our trip, I have to share my two complaints of the week:
I missed the Grand Blooming event that is Gardenia. This huge bush is outside my office and produces the most beautiful and perfumed gardenias I've ever seen. They literally cover the whole bush! Usually it blooms in early May, so I had been keeping my eye out for it, but must have missed it by just a week! By the time I got back, most of the blooms had started wilting and falling off! But, it still smells absolutely delicious!

And, nevermind the hairy-ness...I Have Poison Ivy. Okay, so that may not be news for some of you (if you've had it before). But, in 25 years of camping, fishing, hiking, and other various activities in the woods, I have NEVER had Poison Ivy! Yeah, Really! I'm sure you're all saying "Oh, it's not THAT bad." And, I guess I'd agree. But...
Yeah, that's right. It's also on my FACE!! I'm trying desperately not to scratch--so as not to become Scarface! ("Say hello to my little friend!")
Enough complaining.
This is the St.Francis Cathedral in downtown Santa Fe. It's one of the most beautiful churches I've ever seen, and I love to take photos of it. Sorry no pics of the inside (amazing stained glass) because they were having 6:00 Mass.
Here is my "little" sister, J, at her graduation. Isn't she a cutie? It was a long time coming (she had issues due to her "previous life," i.e. before she came to live with us) and I am extremely proud of her! And, she has already started summer school at her local community college! You Go Girl!
On the way north (out of Santa Fe) we drove past Camel Rock (yes, it's really named that).
Here we are at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. It's not as high or wobbly as that awesome bridge in Colorado, but it was still pretty cool.
And here we are at the Taos Pueblo. Can you believe that people still live & work in these buildings?! Yeah, their living spaces are in the back/top, and their shops (sell jewelry, pottery, crafts, food) are in the front/bottom.
There are more pictures to come, but since I'm blogging from home this afternoon, I can't upload any more pics (I lack patience, so sue me).

3 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

Ouch sorry you're having a bout with Poison Ivy. Remember Calomine Lotion (spell?). The pink lotion *lol*. Your pics are just great. Thanks for sharing ya'll's fun. Can't wait for more. :-)

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Awesome pics! Bad or not, poison ivy is the worst!! It's always bad to me!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Ouch! Poison ivy is awful, but I cannot believe that you have never had a reaction before. Just be thankful you didn't get it while leaning against a tree to pee (you can imagine my pain).

Congrats to your sister!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home