Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hi Mom & Dad!

Tuesday, after our Free Movie (We decided on Click--I thought it was really cute), I got a phone call from my mom. Apparently dad had spent nearly 3 hours reading my blog and invited her to continue reading with him (another 2 hours). So, yeah, I told them about it back when I started, but I never really expected them to read it (I mean, they still have dial up)! But, dad was so interested in my description of rafting that he just kept on reading. Mom even left comments here, here, and here. (Oh, boy, that took a while--trying to figure out which posts went with which comments!) I'm happy that they're reading because mom half-joking said that her and dad were learning more about me (personality and interests) by reading my blog than they get out of my 1-2 week visits! So, after 25 years, my parents really get so see what I'm like! But, on the other hand, I'm a little nervous that they'll be disappointed or upset with some of the things I talk about.
I guess I just have to look at how my in-laws (mom, gramma, aunts) have responded to everthing (very supportive and kind) and accept that my Mission In Blogging is not to make everyone happy or tell fairy stories, but to express myself, keep in touch with long-distance family, and hopefully make a few friends along the way. So, Mom and Dad, welcome to my blog. Kick your feet up and make yourselves comfortable. I'll fix a glass of tea for y'all. And, please, hold nothing back if you feel the need to comment! But, if you comment on an old post, please put the date (of the post) in your comment so I have SOME IDEA of what you're talking about! :)

On a side note, WHO IN THE HECK gets sick in the middle of the summer? Yesterday morning I was feeling a little congested and had a sore throat. I made it through 5 hours of work, before deciding to take my thesis & articles HOME. Last night was miserable! Even the NyQuil isn't helping! I'm achy, my head/sinuses HURT, my throat feels raw, my nose won't stop running, and I have no appetite (which is VERY not normal for me)! Oh, and of course it has to start right around NOW. My boss/advisor just got back from her summer vacation, and we have to meet about my thesis-in-progress and lack of lab results. I also have to meet with one of my committee members about field stuff (for my thesis). AND, I have to meet with a satistician (I just had to look that up at dictionary.com) soon to go over my raw data. So, of course, Perfect Timing.

3 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Woah, Ma and Pa on the blog. I am glad I haven't had to think about that so far.
It's nice to see the perspective, though.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

JustRun: I'm not very worried about it, it just feels a little weird. And, I JUST got used to having my mil talk about stuff she reads on here.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Hi Mom and Dad! I think it's awesome their taking that much time to read your stuff.
Summer colds are the worst! It's probably from being 100 degrees and going in and out of the a/c

 

Post a Comment

<< Home