Monday, July 31, 2006

A New Month...Almost

As August peeks her little head around the corner, I am both excited and nervous about the Fall-to-Come. In the course of the next 5 months (5 MONTHS!) I will somehow complete my thesis, defend my research, complete 2 classes (finals and all), and GRADUATE. But on a positive note, my sister will be here this weekend (to stay for 2.5 weeks), I finally get to socialize again (in class), the weather will soon be getting cooler, and I will GRADUATE!

My "baby" sister, R (she's 14 now), just finished her first week of Band Camp. That's right my sisters have followed in my footsteps. I was in my highschool's Color Guard for 3 years, and absolutely LOVED it! Really, it was the only activity I was (wholly) involved in, and through it I made the Best Of Friends, Experienced Life, and met my True Love. My other sister (now 20) was also in guard (in New Mexico), but she only took it for a year. (wimp!) Now R is trying her hand at twirling, marching, and performing. And, I am SO PROUD of her!

Workout Update: Thanks for your words of encouragement. Friday I ran 2 laps around the block and swam 10 laps in the pool. Saturday I was NOT feeling well, so I rested. Sunday I did 150 crunches/leglifts/various ab reps. And, YES, it is feeling pretty good to get my body moving again! Unfortunately, I still haven't convinced R to join me, but Guapo doesn't seem to mind (the one-on-one time with "mom")!

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Ah, the band! Those were the best days of my life!! It was like a huge family! You know everyone made fun of us but we had the most friends in the school. Haters.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

I wish virtual yelling got my butt up and working out *LOL*. I need the bullhorn in my ear..*giggles* Proud of you on being strong with your routine and I think that's great about your lil sis. Cool your sis is coming for a visit. She'll be able to keep ya motivated. :-)
Have A Great Day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home