Friday, July 28, 2006

Be My Conscience

I've started yet another workout routine.
An old friend of mine is getting married at the end of September, and I'd love to look good (or decent at least) when I see all the "old folks" I knew back in high school. So, AJ and I had a motivational conversation about working out and losing weight. But, she's not here to make me stick to a routine, so I'm asking for your help! Ask me about it! Bug me about it! Please! I need your help.
Wednesday (day 1): started late, so only did 100 crunches/leg lifts
Thursday: 2 laps around the block (about 1/2 mile) and 10 laps across the pool (about 100 yards).
And you know when people say "oh, have you LOST weight?" and you can't tell if they're serious or just being nice? I've decided that after 2 weeks I will begin to measure & weigh myself weekly. I already took initial "stock" of what I have, so hopefully after two weeks I'll at least be able to notice something!
I think that exercise is my biggest obstacle to losing weight. I eat a good breakfast (special K, or other "fiber-ful" cereal and some kind of fruit, bananas this week), small lunch (sandwich, or soup, or crackers with cheese and pickles), and normal size dinner (I've finally taught myself to stop after eating "one serving size"). I also snack occassionally on crackers, fruit, or another bowl of cereal. I make healthy choices when we eat out (salad or chicken), I ALWAYS have water with my meals (this was probably the HARDEST part of trying to be more health-ful), and I hardly ever eat junk food (cookies, brownies, ice cream, etc). So, now we're down to EXERCISE!

4 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

I read something once that said if you do something twelve times, it becomes a habit. I figure this goes for exercise, drinking water or even unloading the dishwasher right when it's finished running. It worked for me, too. You might have to force yourself at first but after that, you'll wonder how you ever lived your life without that habit before. Good luck.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Once you force yourself to work out for a while, it does become habit. But for me, it's more like a month. Now, I can't stand to miss it! 5 days a week! The best part about it is how you FEEL. Well, after you stop being sore the first few times. Way to get started, keep up the good work!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

It sounds like you have a wonderful plan. Now execute it! (BUG,BUG)

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

Try www.fitday.com It is free, they never spam you, and it helps you to keep track of the real calories you're consuming vs. the calories you're burning. If you consistenly burn 500 more calories a day than you consume, you will lose & keep off 1 pound a week. And it adds up. You'd be surprised how many calories some foods we think are healthy have in them, and when you have to type it into the food diary, you tend to keep yourself honest.

Also, I don't know your drinking habits. WHenever I'm drinking anything, even just one glass of wine a night, I don't lose weight very well. So if you have a beer now and then, if you stop, it'll help.

Trust me on this; did you know I am a certified aerobics instructor? These things I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home