Monday, August 07, 2006

Bacteria Are Stinky

But, being back in the lab and getting my hands dirty feels good! I left my E. coli tubes in the incubator over the weekend (they only need 24 to grow), so by this morning they were really funky. The good thing is that by the end of the week I'll be done with cultures and back to the Molecular stuff.

Little Sister made it here safely, and I've learned more about her in the past 2 days than in the 2 weeks this summer and 1 week last summer that I spent with them in New Mexico! All I can say is "Whoa! These are going to be an interesting 2.5 weeks!"

I feel guilty that for the rest of this week she'll be spending a lot of time around the house, alone. I actually have work to do, R can't take off just for the fun of it, and there's really nothing for her to do in town. Hopefully she'll just enjoy the "downtime" and not get too bored. At home, she works part-time, goes to school, runs littlest sister around to her activities, helps out around the house, watches gramma's house, and still manages to hang out with her friends practically every night. So maybe 2 weeks of lounging on the couch, eating bon-bons, and staying in her pjs all day will be a Nice Break?!

This weekend we will be going to Gulfport, so I have to try to get as much STUFF done before Friday as I can, so I can go with a guilt-free conscience!

My workout schedule is going okay. Wed I got back up to my 100 crunches. Thurs I did 2 laps around the block with the dog. Friday, 100 crunches. Sat, thought about laps with the dog, but the weather got bad, so nothing. Sun, 200 crunches!
Oh, and when I say crunches, that means any variety of regular crunches (middle, left, right), side crunches (lay on side and do them), pushups (only 1/2 down), leg lifts, and a nice long stretch routine. These are geared mostly towards building muscle strength, toning, and just moving my body.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

That's a lot of crunches. I'm impressed.

Hope you enoy your trip to Gulfport. Maybe you can take some pictures. I love your pictures.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Good job keeping up with the workouts! Everything counts, and the more you do the more you are likely to stick with it!

Sis probably will like having some down time. Sounds like taking on a lot of tasks runs in your family! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home