Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm Baaaack!

This week has been practically unbearable without my laptop. But, through the magic of mail delivery, my new AC adapter came in today (I ordered it Wednesday night)!! So, I've kept y'all in suspense long enough...now introducing...our Newest Addition ...
It's a 1967 Jeep CJ5! If you're anything like me, you're thinking "Okay? What's the big deal?" Let me just say that it has been a dream of R's to own, restore, and drive a jeep Just Like This since he was young. Finally, his dream has come true! We got an awesome deal on the thing, besides having to drive 2 hours away (and back) TWICE--once just to look and again to load it on a trailer to tow home (although I can't complain much, as gas was only $2.50 on the way, 30 whole cents cheaper than in our town).
Yes, I know, I know, it looks like a Mail Jeep, but it's a bonus that it came with the hard top (minimal rust/damage inside). So, there's another pic--with it looking more like a Real Jeep (sans roll bar, which would be necessary before driving anywhere)! The thing runs, but is not drivable (transmission/transfer case, don't even ask), the tires are in excellent condition, and the body is nearly perfect (besides one dented fender, and desperate need of sanding and painting)!!
As I'm typing this, R is outside pressure washing it. That's right. He's washing the 40-year-old, non-running, rustbucket Jeep in our front yard! We've started ordering parts for it, but it will probably be a few months before it's really ready to drive.
And, when we reach that point, R promised me that I can drive it "first." Now that's True Love.

3 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Very cool. That will be a great project... those are always a labor of love.

By the way, the rollercoaster in your last post looks great!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

ahhh, that is really sweet that he said you can drive it first!
Sounds like a fun and exciting project for R!!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Oh, Mr. MFBA will be so jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home