Saturday, October 07, 2006

Today's Thoughts, In Bullets

Since I can't come up with anything more interesting, and I have a few minutes to kill before I finish this thing in the lab (Yes, I'm at work on a Saturday morning)... I'll cover the high points of Today's Thoughts.
  • I have mixed feelings about the currenly working status of my lab procedure. For the past 2 years nothing has worked the way it should, but here I am, 2 months away from graduation, and I'm getting amazingly beautiful results! This is good, because it proves that I am not a complete idiot in the lab. But, it's also frustrating because now I have to RUSH to get as many results as I can before my defense!
  • My best-bud, AJ just signed paperwork for a house! It's in a new development in Gulfport, and will take 6-8 months to complete. Last Thursday she picked her lot, chose colors (carpet, linoleum, countertops, cabinets, shutters), and got the proverbial ball rolling! I am SOOO happy for her (she lived on her own--after college for 2 years before going back to her parent's house (due to rent hikes after Katrina) and she deserves it!
  • AJ's house plans have brought on my (literal) dreams for my "Future House." Oh, do I have PLANS! Now, I wake up in the middle of the night taking "walking tours" of southern-style plantation homes in the mountains of Montana--yeah, like that's not weird.
  • I have a stack of "possible jobs" I could apply to, yet I have not even begun a single application, or mailed a single resume. I am more than qualified for several of them (I was qualified with my B.S. in Microbiology), and the pay on most is pretty good for "entry level," so what's holding me back? ANXIETY!! What if I'm only accepted at the jobs in Maryland and California (two places I'd rather not live) while the places I'd love to be (Montana, Wyoming, Colorado) turn me down? And, am I really willing to take a job in New Mexico? There, R and I would have a great place to stay (gramma's), we'd know people (my family and family's friends), and we're familar with the area. But, at 25, and a M.S. graduate, would I want to live so close to my parents? What if it gets very comfortable and we Never Leave??
  • As I said at the beginning, I'm in the lab right now, and I'm doing this thing called gel electrophoresis (CHECK OUT this link, it's animated & interactive!), and normally it's really easy, but I'm trying to get clearer bands so I'm using the "High Resolution" gel and it's very, very, very delicate (like soft jello) and the danged thing ripped/flopped onto the floor and into 3 pieces! I'm supposed to take a picture of it and use that in my thesis, but it'll probably look like crap with all the tears in it! This makes me SO MAD!!

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

building your own house would be so much fun! picking everything out that you like!
yea, that gel electro whomever...that is way over my head! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home