Friday, November 03, 2006

Arkansas or Bust!

In about an hour, I will be heading out with 4 of my peers to a conference in Little Rock, Arkansas. It is the MANRRS Region 3 conference, to be exact. And, sorry, but there isn't a link, or else I'd put it here. In fact, I wish I could find a link, because it would be nice to know what's going on once we get there. You know, like in case I should be dressed up this afternoon.

We'll be driving two vehicles, and how cool is this: MSU pays $.44 per mile of travel! That's for gas and "wear & tear." Little Rock is about 320 miles from here, and I will probably have to fill-up 3 times at about $35 each. You do the math. (I'll actually be making a little bit of money.) Our hotel and meals are covered, too.

Anyways, I'm bringing some homework with me (for 2 powerpoint presentations I have before Thanksgiving and an exam next week), but who knows if I'll actually do any of it!

Oh, and in case you didn't know, Little Rock used to hold the record for most murders per capita than any other city in the US! They've also had an HBO show about their "renowned" Gang Wars. Let's just hope that our conference will be on the other side of town!

See y'all on Monday!

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Ummmm....lock and bolt your doors, mkay? Have a safe trip!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

Conferences are fun. Lots of people in your same field talking about things you all enjoy doing. I love conferences (mostly-- one was sad and dreary but that's a long story).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home