Friday, October 13, 2006

Game Addiction

Over the past couple of years, before I found myself too busy, R and I used to play a lot of games. Not board games (or bored games, as he calls them), but video and PC games. Occassionally, I could convince him to play one of my games, but more often I was happy just to have a few hours of US time. Usually we'd start playing after dinner and dishes (around 8) and stay up until 10 or 11. Sometimes the games would carry over into my dreams and next day's activities. Oh, those were interesting times!
Now I don't have much time (or interest) in playing most of the games, although R still plays for an hour or two before bed. Let me also share that we have a nearly complete collection of game systems. Our current systems include: Atari, Nintendo (NES), Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, GameBoy Advance (2, Nintendo), GameCube (Nintendo), PlayStation, Nintendo 64, PlayStation 2, XBox. I think the only thing we're missing in the Sega DreamCast.
At times, I believe the games become an addiction, so I make it a point to not play all the time. Anyways, I thought I'd share some of our favorites. Feel free to ask about any of them, I have very strong opinions and am more than willing to share!
Games we played together:
Age of Empires (PC)
Stronghold (PC)
Mortal Kombat: Deception (XBox)
Rampage (Sega Genesis)
The Warriors (PS2)
Zelda (Nintendo GameCube/GameBoy Advance)
Games I played:
RollerCoaster Tycoon (PC)
The Sims (PC)
Mean Bean (Sega Genesis)
Dr. Mario (Nintendo)
The Sims2 (PC)
Majesty (PC)
Games R played/plays:
Zelda (Nintendo)
HalfLife/CounterStrike (PC)
Command and Conquer series (PC)
Halo (XBox)
Hitman 2 (PS2)
Halo2 (XBox)

4 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Wow, that's a world I know nothing of. Maybe it's because I lack the patience to actually get good at any one game.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

I love Crash Bandicoot for Playstation! I also love the sims, but I had that for PS2, not the pc everyone said the PC version was way better.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

I was addicted to the Sims PC game for a long time, back before I had two real little Sims to play with. :) I even wrote a paper on them for a conference (ha! take that academia!)

One of my favorite games of all time was this PC game called The Longest Journey. It's really pretty cool, has a strong female protagonist who isn't only T&A [there is a little T&A, though, for those T&A purists out there....:)] One of the things I really liked about TLJ was that you can't die. You can't play till 2 am and then just before going up a level, and forgetting to save, have your player die. It was a cool game; I hear there's going to be a sequel. It never caught on in the states apparently. I tend to like those long, drawn out puzzle-solving games.

Back long time ago when it first came out, I used to play DOOM with cheat codes. But the graphics tended to give me a headache and wooziness.

I'm not against games, but my kids won't get them until they are old enough to get a job and earn the money themselves. I think they're sort of bad for young kids to play too much. Kids should go outside, or play with bored-games. :) The outside thing, though, is a big deal for me.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger zohaib 's valuable input...

suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home