Friday, December 15, 2006

Random

  • Reconnecting with old friends. What a nice thing MySpace has done for me. Over the course of 2 days I've been contacted by 2 girls I used to know back in high school. One of them was our across-the-street neighbor and the other was a good friend who was in colorguard with me (I've known her since, like 4th grade). We've only had initial contact, but it's interesting to see that these people went through the trouble of "finding" me!
  • This might be one of those things that you're not supposed to talk about, but we got a notice from the IRS yesterday. Apparently, one of our forms was filled out incorrectly (we have a friend who does our paperwork for us) and I have to go back and fill out another 1040 (the 1040X). It's not a big deal, just kind of annoying, especially since we're only a few months away from filing our NEW tax returns. I don't think the new forms will affect us much, although we may end up getting/giving a little more... we'll see.
  • Today I mooched at yet another Free Meal. I didn't even know about it until 11:15 (it started at 11:30) and I had already bought a sandwich at Wendy's. But, I went anyways, and yum, yum, yum! It was a pot-luck thing, though, and I felt a little guilty about not bringing anything. Fortunately, there was a LOT of food--turkey, ham, 3 different dressings, 4 different veggies, green bean casserole, 3 types of pasta salad, and oodles of desserts--so my guilt didn't last too long!
  • Not much new on the Job Front (besides the aggravating variations in "application processes"). Thanks for your well-wishes, I really appreciate them!
Jobs Applied For: 10
Rejections: 1
Call-Backs: 0
Accepted: 0

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

Academia is generally good for mooching meals, especially when you're a grad student. Enjoy it now, cause it doesn't always last. :)

You'll get a job. You're too valuable to not. But it's possible you'll eventually have to expand your search-- consider other areas, maybe. But that's only after a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home