Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gift Horse

You know that saying, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Have you ever thought about what that means?
According to Bartleby, it means:
"Don’t question the value of a gift. The proverb refers to the practice of evaluating the age of a horse by looking at its teeth. This practice is also the source of the expression 'long in the tooth,' meaning old."
Anyways, I've been asked by at least 2 family members what I want for a "graduation gift." And, honestly, I can't think of a thing. I know it may sounde rude, or ungrateful, but all I can think about is the fact that in less than 2 weeks I will be out of a job. The weight of our bills, groceries, and "entertainment" will fall entirely on R's shoulders, and that worries me more than anything. So, family and friends, if you feel so inclined (and believe me, I don't expect to get anything), I would not be offended by gift cards (Walmart, restaurants, etc) or cash. Trust me, they will go to good use! Of course, if you want to get something else, by all means, I won't turn a down any gift! :)

On another note, I finally got my final corrections in and approved. I turned in my final paperwork, and am all clear for graduation (well, besides the paper & 2 finals I have next week)! Not that I was pushing any limits, you know, the deadline was this Friday!
I think a few family members are planning to come for my graduation, and that makes me happy, too. R was the only person who was able to go to my 1st graduation (Dec 04), so it would be awesome for my mom & sisters (and R's mom & other family members) to be here! But then that leaves me with trying to find (interesting) things for them to do while they're here! I think we could manage, though, and I would love to have the chance to show off My MSU!

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

Don't worry about finding people too many interesting things to do. We're just there to celebrate your day. The best thing to do, though, is make sure you have a place picked out where we can go for dinner after your big ceremony! :) As of now, we're still planning to come, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home