Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Final Countdown

At my "Farewell Lunch" yesterday, as we (8) sat and placed our drink orders (sweet teas, all around), I heard this song playing over the speakers... It was the Rocky IV Theme Song, "Final Countdown" (apparently by the band Europe). Go ahead, look it up, you'll recognize it, I'm sure! Nevermind, I'll just get it and put it up here for you...
Let's see if my little venture into html works (nah, it didn't work, so I'll just use Castpost, whatever). Okay, I'm going to try this ONE MORE time (I didn't realize that was the music-only version)!! This time I'm getting really mad! That only works if you are reading my blog on MY computer... and now Castpost isn't working! ARGH! Now blogger doesn't even have the "quick buttons" for me to put in a link & I can't find a darn html for it, so you'll just have to look it up yourself, if you're so inclined...
Now things are starting to work again...

Powered by Castpost
Anyways, I just thought that song was entirely appropriate for the occasion, as did the rest of my group. The lunch was nice, and I was happy that everyone (minus the one person with whom I do not get along) was there and enjoying themselves. The 4 student workers are relatively new, and I haven't spent much time in the lab this semester, so this was my first chance to sit around and chat with all of them together. They're all really nice "kids" and I wish they had been there when I was a student worker (back then, there were only 2 of us)! We had an interesting conversation, covering topics such as childhood diseases, haunted houses, the COLD weather, and cartoons.

Well, I was in the middle of studying when I got the urge to post this, so I better get back to work. Saturday is usually my housecleaning day, but my NEED for some SERIOUS studying, and the fact that I KNOW the house will get dirty by next Thurs--when my family is getting in, convinced me to just wait until next week. I think Wednesday is a good day. I'll just cram it in there between: Show Doc where all my DNA is in the lab, get rid of my old media (and other useless lab stuff), and box up junk from my cubicle (it's unbelievable how much stuff I've managed to cram in there, and in only 4 months)!
It's weird to think that after next weekend, I can PICK which days to do my housecleaning! Today, R told me that he is "excited" to finally have a "little housewife" (for a few weeks anyways) to do the cleaning & cooking... Okay, he only said that as a JOKE, so please, don't any of the women of his family HURT him! :)

4 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

So are ya'll going to stay in MS a little longer after you Graduate or are ya heading West right away?. I'm soo thrilled for you. The world is your oyster!! :-).

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Enjoy your time off- yay!
And why not take full advantage of that housewife stereotype and watch Oprah and eat bon-bons. You'll only be able to do that for a day before you can't stand to sit still anymore, so just have fun! ;)

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Kali: We won't move (read: leave MS) until I HAVE a job. I'm in the process of applying...but will really FOCUS on that once finals/graduation are over.

JustRun: Well, Oprah does come on right after General Hospital, doesn't it? Of course, I've been taking my GH lunchbreaks for nearly 2 years now, so that won't be SUCH a big deal! :) And, bon-bons...that is a good idea!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

As temporarily a housewife, I second the motion to take advantage of the stereotype. Watch Ellen too; she's really clever & entertaining. I watch her while I'm folding the endless laundry.

Congrats on getting there. That song, though, is a horrible reminder of the late 80s and should never be played ever ever again. Ugh. I lived that song when it was new so while I appreciate your efforts to post it, I'll pass on actually listening to it.

We have a room reservation for your graduation (at the swanky hotel in town--the Chester-- cause that is ALL that was left). See you Friday!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home