Thursday, November 30, 2006

Old Man Winter

For the past several weeks, our weather consisted of temps around the mid 70s, 50-60% humidity (hello frizz), sometimes clear, sometimes cloudy skies, and few few scattered showers. But, after today all that will change. Our forecast says that tonight we will drop below freezing, and our high for tomorrow will be in the mid 40s! The rest of the weekend, we're supposed to be in the low to mid 50s. I was so excited when I saw that front start moving through Texas & Oklahoma, and I can't hardly wait for it to get here!
Out of curiosity, I checked out the weather in Livingston, MT, and this cute little sun is smiling in spite of the negative wind chill factor!
Oh, and my mom called R the other night to "inform" him of the record lows some areas of Montana have been experiencing! She went on to tell him that New Mexico has been averaging between 40-50 degrees. Are we ready for those kinds of winters? Okay, okay, I know I've talked about that before, but now it's really almost time!
Okay, off subject, but whatever, how great is this: I get a Free Dinner tonight (at one of our town's fanciest restaurants, Harvey's, and OMG, let me tell you about their New York Strip!), and a Free Lunch tomorrow (at one of my favorite restaurants, The Grill, where OMG they have the best ever fried cheese!). Both restauarants are "owned" by the same company, and they really are that good! Harvey's is curtesy of the Forest Products Society (I've had a pic of these guys before, but can't seem to find it now), and The Grill is my "Farewell Lunch" with my coworkers in the lab! I know this probably sounds a little greedy, but I wish my "Farewell Lunch" had been any other day, because I already had a Free Lunch scheduled on Friday (for this school group I participate in)!
Oh, how I will miss the Free Food (you know, once I'm no longer a student)!

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

Congratulations on your graduation. I would say that your meals aren't exactly free, because you earned them with all your hard work in school. I hope you are having a wonderful week.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

congrats!!!!!
um, I lost track of everything you said after I saw fried cheese. I love fried cheese. If it were possible to live on it i would. YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home